SOUNDCOLLAGE, QUARTUS SAUL - THE RAPIST

I almost never give feedback to dubstep!
it's too obvious you're using phasing into that sound, also too much resonance is involved here
also it's obvious that it's a very good sound ;)

Cheers mate.
This is actually no phaser.

I made this sound with reason and used a Scream distortion. On the left side of the distortion is a section called body.
I recorded live this "phase-effect" with the knob called auto.
Got no idea what that section does, but it fits for my taste :)

BTW: That are 4 different synths :)

Last edited:
filthy shizzle man i like it, maybe the synths are a little loud or the beats are a bit quiet i can't work out which..

dirty dirty stuff though me likes

i really like the intro... always wanted to do a creepy thing like this with dnb! but the synth sounds aint my thing...

Cheers mate.
This is actually no phaser.

I made this sound with reason and used a Scream distortion. On the left side of the distortion is a section called body.

Tape and Tube distortions on Scream 4 most of the time cause phasing effects when adding these as a send or in diff channels.
So, by this, never put the same kick into the scream and a clean kick in another channel... the kick will dissapear because of phase inversion.

But anyway, it's still a cool sound, now it's even cooler that you used (and told us) different things to make that self made phasing effect.

Thanks alot subprime.

I pushed the drums up and worked a bit on it.
It got a few new parts now.

But I want you to listen to 2:03 and 2:43. If kids hear this song, the will get a lection. I choose that sample, because I'm totally in love with alfred hitchcock movies.

New version
http://soundcloud.com/quartussaul

Dude, the intro is fucking awesome (rock). Also, very good harmony between the drums and the theme melody. I just think that you could have added a more distinctive bassline but the track is still banging! Good work, man :)

nice track man!! very heavy.. stomach churning bass.

personally think the bass sounds too bitcrushed and doesnt pertain enough of its original strength (like too much distortion for me makes the sound less solid)... also i think the vocal samples could be molded better with the tune (reverb and timing)

Back
Top Bottom