Soundclould, Heres the drop

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
Does anybody elses soundcloud have "heres the Drop" with an arrow pointing to a random part of the wave form (almost always NOT the drop). Firstly, what is it and secondly can you get rid?

have got used to the new one now much prefer it but that heres the drop foolery need to piss off

I reckon the new one is way better, being able to browse whilst playing the same song is good

Yeah that's the only thing I like about it... Doesn't bother me to open new tabs though tbh. I just prefer the simplicity of the old one.

Here's the drop™ changed my life.
No more looking around the waveform looking for the drop!
I can just click where the arrow points, it really IS as simple as that.

Thanks Soundcloud, you changed my life. :)

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2013/04/01/dropometer/

You might notice things looking a bit different around SoundCloud today. We’re thrilled to be launching the latest iteration to our web platform. And we think you’re going to like it.

The drop in a track can be unpredictable and surprising. Some of you have even told us that you find it unsettling, not knowing when to expect that sense of overwhelming euphoria. Inspired by your feedback, we’ve invented the Dropometer.

Using a unique algorithm (patent pending), the Dropometer is designed to help you prepare yourself for the big moment, whether that means getting in the mental space where you can really break it down, or fixing yourself a fortifying snack.

While we first innovated the Dropometer around dubstep, we’ve identified broad utility for this new functionality across all genres. Look to the Dropometer to find out when to expect a key crescendo in a 17th-century symphony or the emotional climax in an episode of This American Life.

The Dropometer is web-only at the moment; we’ll be rolling it out to mobile in the coming weeks, so you can brace yourself for the drop on the go. Let us know what you think, and watch this space: we’ll be bringing you even more advanced features soon!

:D ->
The drop in a track can be unpredictable and surprising. Some of you have even told us that you find it unsettling, not knowing when to expect that sense of overwhelming euphoria.

must be a fool lol
:shrug:

Last edited:
i completely forgot april fools even existed. fuck its april already. i hope to god it is an april fool

It has to be.
-Even in the first track in the announcement the drop isn't in the right spot;
-the link in the word "dubstep" links to Skrillex's soundcloud LOL this one is for people who still don't believe it's an april's fool

Try telling that to the parents of these kids killing themselves over facebook comments.

Back
Top Bottom