soundcloud

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Smickus, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Smickus

Smickus Active Member

used to have a lot of respect for soundcloud, but they appear to be going for some hard as fuck copyright infringement route. uploaded a mix and it got declined. what a load of shite.... thoughts?

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

well the same thing happened to me like 3 years ago...but only once.

what was odd was the fact that it was some underground derpstep tune and it got flagged up as belonging to sony or some shit.

3. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

it's doing my head in at the minute. Before i changed it over to the new soundcloud i would go as far to say its the best site for listening to tracks on! But now ive got the new soundcloud it so crap. I had to e-mail them yesterday to try and keep it back as the old soundcloud ganna put some new bits up later see if they have done it for me

4. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

By the way, if your mix is refused, make sure downloads is disabled.

I upped a mix with downloads enabled and it was declined (assuming cos they think im uploading tunes for people to download), i re-upped with downloads disabled and it was fine.

Also, wtf is up with not being able to skip through a sound on soundcloud? If you can, i havent figured out how. On the old one you just clicked anywhere on the waveform for it to move to that point. Now...not so much :/

5. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

you can switch back to classic soundcloud

6. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I dont want to switch back, it looks alright. I just want to be able to skip through a sound.

Its seems on the mini-player that you can embed on forums (like on here) clicking on the waveform moves it fine, but on the actual soundcloud page it just doesnt. Its ridiculous.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

New sound cloud looks cooler and has some nice features but old sound cloud just works better. For example, you can skip around on songs.

8. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

The comment boxes on the new soundcloud are a real failure for me, I hate how they hover half way over the waveform, and most of the time are too small and condensed to bring up which one you want

I'm split really, half of it looks nicer and half of it looks cheaper and doesn't function as well

edit: also, 'sets' look crappy to me because it puts that dodgy line in-between each track and the comments disappear

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  9. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I log on to my soundcloud, Its loads up as the new soundcloud, I go to the option "Switch back to Classic SoundCloud" I switch back and have a browse then sign out.

But the thing is i have to keep doing this process when all i want is it to stay as the classic soundcloud.

Do any of you have this problem or once you click the "Switch back to Classic SoundCloud" does yours stay as the classic soundcloud? or do you have to keep repeating the same steps as me?

Also how the hell do you skip through the samples on the new soundcloud? Everytime i go to skip it goes to make a comment?

Im really not getting along with it since i changed over to the new soundcloud i just want to go back to how it was before i switched it over

10. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

is it not still a beta? im guessing theyl iron out the problems mentioned. there are a few shit things about the new one but i much prefer it. it still dicks all over shitty mixcloud

11. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Yeah i think it is still beta. Ive had an email back saying they have recieved my email and will get back to me lol

12. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

They fixed it for me now :)

im happy again