soundcloud...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by hyperd4eva, Aug 9, 2012.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Anyone know if its worth paying for the better versions than the free one? only use it to post recordings of mixes so not for tracks iv made etc.. anything that makes it worth while? obviously i can only have like 2 mixes up at a time

2. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

~Well... i had the one that cost 29euro a month. It lets you see the stats... which i found the most useful thing to be honest. Plus ridiculous amount of space.... and personalised drop box..

to be honest.... unless you are going kinda pro... no point going for pro... just get that blue one... forget what its called.. its only like 9 euro a month or something.

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

yeh man if i do it it will only be a cheap one, does it make a difference then? worth the money in your opinion?

5. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

no
    mixcloud is not better for several reasons.

yeah sure there is not limit on the amount of time you can upload but there is a size limit which means to get a decent length mix up there you need to upload a poor quality bit rate.
    (or at least thats how it used to be. havent been on there for a long time)

no download function.

only works with flash (which is toot for a lot of work computers)

i could go on.

soundcloud i find much better and user friendly.
    personally i wouldn't pay 29 euro a month. unless like rock said ur going pro.
    would be nice to upload more than 2hrs of audio tho.

what do you get for the 9euro account ?

6. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

didn't know there was a size limit, (any mixes i've uploaded hadn't been any longer than 45minutes), no reason you can't provide a download link and i thought SC only runs on flash as well.

And my mixes have been flagged up on SC before because it recognised tunes that record labels didn't want me using.

and mixcloud gives you the option to timestamp your tracklist (suppose you can do the same with the comments function on SC, but that'd be a pain if you end up with a clusterfuck of comments on your mix)

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

The 9 euro one is worth it. I mean... they are all pretty worth it in my opinion. But end of the day.... if all your doing is putting up mixes and not really expecting much to come from it.... just do the cheapest one mate.

Mixcloud is a load of bollocks. not worth it.

The only thing is.... Soundcloud is clamping down on its piracy... it has auto detect on tunes.... so it will auto detec certain tracks in a mix.... i for one had a mix taken down because it had a Sub focus tune in it or something....

but now that i play newer more obscure style of music SC probabkly wont ever pic anything up.

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Shouldnt have an issue with the piracy bit as all my mixes are on vinyl so paid for outright. But yeah i like the way in mixcloud that it shows you whos litened/likes etc.. but u cant download. Also as rocks said.. cant upload onwork computer!

9. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Mixcloud aint got anything on Soundcloud so lets not even go there !

10. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

yeah wernt supposed to be a whats better thread.. more if anyone knows what extras you get by paying!

11. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Soundcloud hasn't let me upload for a year or so now for some reason, tried making a new account and still nothing so been using mixcloud for the very few mixes i've put online since.. Its not that bad, just lacking a download feature. Love the way it creates a tracklist for you.

12. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

doesn't matter, you're still uploading a tune that isn't yours, so if their autodetect picks up on a tune that's been flagged, it wont let you upload the mix.

13. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

i've had the pro version for the last few months, and find the stats very useful, its great having loads of space aswell as I write tunes every day; worth 29€ a month? not sure, i got it free with ableton, not sure if i will be forking out for it when it expires, expect i'll go back to the solo one, which is definitly worth the money (spent a year on it previous to pro)

no size limit on files, just on time

download function is available in a few diffrent forms

Flash is the old player, its now HTML5, except for eg on forums like this which still use the old code

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

i see.. fair enough!

15. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i got the pro that was like 29 a year... was reet good cos you could re-up mixes n shit

16. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

on soundcloud im going to put up download links of past uploads so they arent forever lost, i upload radio mixes so ive only got enough space for one mix

17. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

You'd be best of with a Lite account Tone. We've got the solo one, but that's only cos we've uploaded shit loads of freebies. You should have a goggle for a discount code too. We renewed our one last month and found a discount code for 25% off. Not a lot, but it makes the difference!

hyperd4eva likes this.
  18. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

who's giving you dubs you muggle

19. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

cant remember what tune it was, but this was about 3 years ago during my brief dubstep phase, it flagged up as belonging to sony BMG

20. EuroTide

EuroTide Well-Known Member

had a mix taken down there because of some Anile tune on DSM , did seem pretty random