Soundcloud...You used to be cool man.

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Anyone else notice the rapid quality deteriation of mp3's you upload to soundcloud these days?

I swear, when i first started using soundcloud, the difference in quality on & offline was next to nothing.

Now i have to sit here for day's uploading the wav instead.

I've always noticed the quality man, especially in the higher frequencies like the hats and stuff!. But what can you expect from streaming mp3's dude?

Well. A while ago, 1, 2 maybe three years now I'm sure it was alot better. Yes I remember it knocking down the high's a little but now I swear it just takes the punch out of things. Or has my hearing just got worse? I hope not... :/

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Better than YouTube... just sayin...

Yeah totally agree.
Not knocking it or anything.

By the way Fletch I am working on your masters still, just to let you know.
I've got alot on at the moment.

I quite like the interface of SoundCloud though, very clean and too the point. Not a bunch of shit thrown in your face like social networking sites.

Soundcloud beats Youtube for sure !

I wasn't on SC 2 or so years ago so can't comment but it is certainly worth whacking the wav on there for proper stuff. Takes so long though! And it is a special pain in the ass when SC decides to do that that thing where it won't transcode so you have to upload again!

128k mp3 stream....to be expected really, espcially if u upload an mp3 in the first place, double compression, eep.

still tho, i cant b arsed with uploading WAV's myself, i think if ppl want to hear hi-Quality, they can come n hear me play (so i can pay me mounting bills lol) or buy em init

:confused: explain please...

Soundcloud streams music as mp3 @ 128k, a 320k mp3 compressed to 128k mp3, will sound significantly worse than a WAV converted directly to 128k mp3

give it a go, u'll hear the diffrence

Have noticed too... and will be uploading in Wav's in future... Having 100mb cable it shouldn't take too long per upload :P

Have noticed too... and will be uploading in Wav's in future... Having 100mb cable it shouldn't take too long per upload :P
but what if I want to offer a 320 mp3 download at the same time :(

at this day and age it shouldn't be a big deal to offer 320 kb streaming imo... get your act together soundcloud :)

but what if I want to offer a 320 mp3 download at the same time :(

at this day and age it shouldn't be a big deal to offer 320 kb streaming imo... get your act together soundcloud :)

you could upload the 320K mp3 somewhere else, that offer direct download (please for the love of god dont use one of those stupid websites that spams the fuk out of u and gives u 20 fake download buttons) ....and then add the link to the downloadable file into the 'Buy Track' section, obviously u'l have to find a way to tell ppl its a free download on the link, a comment at the start maybe

i've seen that quiet a lot recently. just thought it was more about bypassing the 100 dl limit on free accounts....

no idea, just a random thought that came to me

you could also use something like Vibedeck which allows u to offer free downloads in exchange for a Twitter or Facebook share

I'm really against this whole "when i want to listen to music i stream it" kind of thing, youtube parties etc. Following that, I've already decided not to upload full tunes (unless they're free, and even then think twice) anywhere, even streams.

Also been thinking about not releasing digital at all, would be wax or cd or nothing at all but idk, i've been so lazy in the last few months that i don't think i can be choosy.

Oh yea! I've never really understood what was making my tracks "crack" a bit in my speakers, because I guess thats what you are talking about! But when I listen to other so called professional artists on SC I don't seam to hear the same cracking noise but it may come better quality with a premium account then perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom