Soundcloud vs Mixcloud- Opinions?

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
I'm looking at writing an article for a website in which I look at the pros and cons of both Soundcloud and Mixcloud. I have my own opinions of the two, but I was hoping to get a bit of a better scope of what other people thought.

What would you say are things you like about each in comparison to the other? Does one do something better than the other, or are they generally pretty similar in your opinion? Are there any real issues you've faced using either site? etc etc.

Any feedback, thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Mixcloud doesnt have a limited upload time. Soundcloud has, I think its 2,5 hours. Mixcloud is ideal for uploading radio shows or mixes.

yeah soundcloud is more for producers IMO, if you put a mix up on soundcloud sometimes they will take it down cause you mixed a song that they recognised and take it down because of copyright law, mixcloud doesn't do this because they realise it is a platform for people to put their mixes up, not rip off other peoples music

Also as said previously mixcloud doesn't have a limit on how much you upload, and soundcloud does because they are more focused on people putting out music, not uploading hour mixes onto there

Personally I prefer the layout of soundcloud but it can be frustrating when you wait for a mix to go up for ages then all of a sudden they say they can't because of copyright law

I prefer mixcloud now as soundcloud kept removing my stuff. Also mixcloud just lets you credit the original artist.

Sc is geared towards producers - uploading tracks, mixcloud is for mixes.
That said i prefer uploading a set to SC when possible

Soundcloud has a 3 hour space for uploading before upgrading / paying for the premium version.
I know it can feel limited but I prefer it to Mixcloud, as I know how to download things in Soundcloud and there is no direct download links in the Mixcloud stickys
This really puts me off listening to anyones mix in Mixcloud

They are both shit, exploitative, greedy ,corporate scum sites that goes against the original idea of the platform.

And you can quote me on that.

Soundcloud for ya tunes, mix cloud for your mixes, unfortunately when soundcloud binned off it "groups" which were the best thing about it, thats were they went wrong IMO. Demo drop is a good site to share ya music, its got good sharing options and a good set of heads on it.

So you know SC was almost shut down recently right? But I think it's been bought out.

SC is where I go to listen to music, It can be a pain with the adverts and when you go to get a free track you have to join almost every page on the internet to get it. It has the potential to be the best music source on the web so hopefully it can be now.

MC is where I avoid. As said you cant download anything and the layout is boring. Wouldn't use.

Soundcloud for ya tunes, mix cloud for your mixes, unfortunately when soundcloud binned off it "groups" which were the best thing about it, thats were they went wrong IMO. Demo drop is a good site to share ya music, its got good sharing options and a good set of heads on it.

yeah they fucked up badly with removing groups (and dropbox!)

I use both but haven't managed to use the limited upload usage on Soundcloud.

I prefer Soundcloud as I record mixes as WAV and this format is not supported on Mixcloud so I have to convert the files and at lower quality.

Admittedly only a minor gripe assuming that anybody is listening in the first place and on a decent system ;)

They are streamed in mp3 anyway and fuck downloading a 700mb hour long mix tbh. Unless it's an official CD, mp3 is perfectly suitable for mixes

I prefer soundcloud among all music platforms. Because it has maybe simple, but comfortable website design.

Back
Top Bottom