Soundcloud beta?

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
All of a sudden I am using this?(Soundcloud Beta) I'm confused. It is different and more black. I am not sure why. Any body know what the hell is going on with sound cloud?

It doesn't works fine for me. I've tryed beta.
I don't like the fact that the messages are disappeared.
Or I don't know where to find em.
I much preferre the old platform for the moment

soundcloud is just updating their website and letting a "select few" to try it and give feedback but I think everyone has got it, I think there is an option to go back to the old one

yeah, i bot beta access, quite like it.

like the fact that when you go to bigger artist tunes, and you're trying to skip through, you aren't blocked by a clusterfuck of comments.

i fucking hate it... i accepted their "invitation" on one computer and realised it was just awful so declined on my other browsers and computers... but please someone tell me how i go back to the old one... the old one was simple and nice and the wave view really tickled my fancy

I dont understand any of you to be honest. The new soundcloud is so much better..! I love the repost thing, playing while searching and skipping through songs with ease. Everyone is whining about no status updates, but that is pure nonsense. At the top left there is 'stream', at the top right there is a sortof mail button. And in the middle of the left side is also a status update view (once you clicked on stream). So really most of you are too lazy to give it a go. The new soundcloud is much more supporting for artists and allows for much better communication between them. Honestly when people are going to start realise this, soundcloud will grow one step into the direction of YouTube's success story.

On the other hand, there are still some flaws in the new system. Large and small bugs, but since it is a beta version I guess it will be fixed before the final update. Additionally more functions will be added so I'm quite excited about that :)

For those still not convinced it is the right thing and are apparently too lazy to check it out, not being able to find the button to go back ._______.
At the top right there is a button which says smth like 'info'. You click it and you find a dropdown menu in which you can express your love or hatred and on the left side there will be a button for returning to the old soundcloud.

Hopefully this makes everything a bit more clear.
When interested you can get the soundcloud beta here:
http://www.next.soundcloud.com/

Cheers,
Q

Last edited:
new soundcloud is sick. the fact that you can browse while listening to a tune is sick. the waveform will look as crisp as the old one when they finish it. its still in beta mode. it will be much better tho

to get back to the old one there is a button on the top taskbar that says info and it gives the option to go back to the old sound cloud, i dont like layout of the new version but all the new added things are cool like listening to a track and still being able to change the page but then everyone hates facebook when it changes and after a few weeks you forget what the old one is like. And i voiced my opinion to soundcloud but i also said how it would be good if you could add a track to more than one group with one option rather than having to keep clicking each group, and i received a message back saying that they are going to look into changing it :)

Last edited:
If it still looks like this then I'm just gonna keep clicking no thanks.

NewSoundcloud.png

I'm must have clicked no thanks about 400/500 times but I guess they think it's reasonable to just keep asking.

why are people so resistant to change? if technology never changes, it never gets better! (haven't even seen the new soundcloud beta, btw, just chiming in)

I don't think is just laziness.
I just feel that the old SC was kept easy, simple and with all the basics features that you actually needed to present yourself, your work and get in touch with whoever you wanted in a click.

While now, it seems that is slowly trying to get more commercial and getting ready to become a fucking MySpace, with adds and banners.

I've been looking everywhere for that "send message" feature that usually appear on an artist page, but I couldn't find it in the new SC.
I can only see the old messages I received.
I'm pretty sure they will implement an improvement in the message system for the future, but for now, I say it sucks!

I highlight this as an important gap, because SC it's been for my last 4 years an extremely important platform where I've met other producers for collaborations and remix, labels for releases and so on.
Therefore, messaging is vital in my point of view.

That's said, I've been on the beta test since it started the project.
I'm not a kind if person who doesn't look for progressing, but SC should put a lot of effort to don't create another MySpace monster.
Time will tell.
For now I stick on my old version.

Much love to SC anyway! :)

ok,
now they finally implemented the "send privat message" link in the artist pages.
I can feel to stay on that...
Lol

i love the new soundcloud but really wish they wouldnt keep taking it off me then giving me it back
I guess is because is a beta, so, they release beta trial, they get feedbacks and test it, they take it back to fix bugs and details, they release it again and so on... until they don't end the beta testing and release the official!
That's how it works "beta testing".
And that's why it is important to send them feedbacks from your personal point of view and your needs during beta and , that's why a version is called "beta", so they can work on it before to release the official new page.

EDIT: :teeth:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom