Soundcard problems...

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
I haven't recorded any mixes for a while coz my mixers been fucked, borrowed my mate's for the weekend but can't get audacity to pick up the input, always says error...

used to work fine on my laptop now apparently the soundcard for recording doesn't want to work, I've tried updating the drivers etc but says they are.

anyone else had this problem and know a way round it??

Open up your audio options, check "recording" and check the volume levels, see if the channel is not muted, deinstall the card (it will reinstall when you boot up again), other than that, get a friend who knows computers to have a look. I'd try a dozen different things to get the card running but writing them up would take an hour.

Open up your audio options, check "recording" and check the volume levels, see if the channel is not muted, deinstall the card (it will reinstall when you boot up again), other than that, get a friend who knows computers to have a look. I'd try a dozen different things to get the card running but writing them up would take an hour.

yeah I've done the basics, checked all the options, it says its working/active but won't pick up any volume
I'm running it through vista btw & have found out it's not good for recording stuff through my googling the problem this morning...

I'll give reinstalling it a go now tho

my "computer friend" was gonna be my next ort of call anyway but i might give dell support a ring first, gotta get a new power lead anyway

Soundcard problems

A sound card (also known as an audio card) is a computer expansion card that facilitates the input and output of audio signals to/from a computer under control of computer programs. Hardware problems address the capabilities of your computer sound card problems.

Back
Top Bottom