Sound Selecta [Dubstep/no filth] Almost finished, feedback appreciated!

snare in the intro is almost certainly too quiet

lovin the lil piano, smooth as fvck, also really liked the lil 8-bit noises

but speaking honestly i thought it was a lil boring after it dropped,

have you seen the Rusko production masterclass? if not i reckon it'd be right up your street for this one

I like the vibe, a more chilled dubstep (oxymoron?).

A couple things:
  • I have to agree with neddez in that after the drop the tune bottoms out. Perhaps add another synth to layer with your current synth. Or, have the synths play different parts of the riff.
  • The keys are lovely sounding, wouldn't change a thing.
  • The snare needs a bit more "umph." Perhaps setup a bus with a heavy distortion insert, than send just a small bit of the snare signal to the bus. You can also add a slight boost around the snare's low end peak frequency (I'm guessing around 200Hz give of or take).
  • Maybe consider adding another percussive element that only plays every so often...perhaps a ride cymbal?

All in all, the sounds all seem to mix well together. The tune just needs a bit more interest, which can be achieved by adding in some fills, fx, etc.

Cheers.

snare in the intro is almost certainly too quiet

lovin the lil piano, smooth as fvck, also really liked the lil 8-bit noises

but speaking honestly i thought it was a lil boring after it dropped,

have you seen the Rusko production masterclass? if not i reckon it'd be right up your street for this one

Certainly goin to check that out mate, tnx for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

I like the vibe, a more chilled dubstep (oxymoron?).

A couple things:
  • I have to agree with neddez in that after the drop the tune bottoms out. Perhaps add another synth to layer with your current synth. Or, have the synths play different parts of the riff.
  • The keys are lovely sounding, wouldn't change a thing.
  • The snare needs a bit more "umph." Perhaps setup a bus with a heavy distortion insert, than send just a small bit of the snare signal to the bus. You can also add a slight boost around the snare's low end peak frequency (I'm guessing around 200Hz give of or take).
  • Maybe consider adding another percussive element that only plays every so often...perhaps a ride cymbal?

All in all, the sounds all seem to mix well together. The tune just needs a bit more interest, which can be achieved by adding in some fills, fx, etc.

Cheers.

Well that's what i call feedback!

Yeh, as i said, i still have to add some details like fx and shzz, a new version is already coming up tomorrow.
I'm certainly gonna try that with the bass riffs you said i think that's something for the 2nd drop ( bass variation madness)

Cheers mate!

Back
Top Bottom