sound record help.

ok well i used to have an older version of audacity on my old comp,on that version watever it was,you were able to click a drop down arrow to change settings ie line in,mic,rear mic etc on the version i got now i cant see anything to change the settings cuz i just baught a jack lead to go from my headphone socket on my stereo to the line in on my laptop but audacity isnt showing sighns of picking up the sound so i thaught it must need the settings changed???

yeah they moved the settings menu, the options still there...although being at work now...i couldnt tell you where it is off the top of my head....but will have a butchers later for you and let you know!

i also have a problem using audacity, not sure whether its me being a cripple or if it my sound card or something. but hopefully someone can tell me, everytime i try record a mix it picks up the sound of it but its asif everything it extremly loud and distorted. the levels on the volume and mic bar are down. everything that i looked for are at the lowest possible level yet it still still gives me the crap quality. any help?

if you have to much bass or volume from the mixer that will do it,well did for me i have the master volume on the mixer at 9 0 clock for recording in audacity,and never touch it,also channel 1 n 2 volumes rarely go past 12 o clock give or take the quieter record where you have to crank it up.this is just what works for me as i used to get loads of distortion and havnt since doing this.

i use audacity but what else is like it but free to download i need another free audio editing joby.

QuickTime Pro (Mac+PC) is single handedly the easiest Audio Recording Tool ever!

but if you want a more advanced audio editing software id suggest, Cubase (Mac+PC), Logic (Mac), ProTools (Mac+PC), WaveLab (PC), SoundForge (PC)

Good Luck!

I want a freebie like audacity quick time pro when i checked it out wants money,u got a link to the free d/l if there is one.

well i just reinstalled an older version of audacity version 1:26 wich has the old drop down menu to the far right for the options above i was on about,but its not highlighted like it isnt usable where as all the other tools on the tool bar are highlited??i honestly dont know why please help.

goldwave is a good lil programme, its pretty oldskool but has loads of features that ur after

i also have a little recording problem i use Audacity but i dnt tink it is the program that is the problem. When i record a mix it works fine and the ound quality is ok but i get high pitched noises also in the recorded mix i put it down EMF interference so i moved my laptop away from everything electrical and put the cable from the mixer to the laptop away from any other cables and it still was preent on the mix, so i the thought it might be interference internal on my laptop so i disconnected the internet and closed all other programs and still the same fucking noise evry now and then on the mix.

Anybody have any ideas? any help is appreciated

i also have a little recording problem i use Audacity but i dnt tink it is the program that is the problem. When i record a mix it works fine and the ound quality is ok but i get high pitched noises also in the recorded mix i put it down EMF interference so i moved my laptop away from everything electrical and put the cable from the mixer to the laptop away from any other cables and it still was preent on the mix, so i the thought it might be interference internal on my laptop so i disconnected the internet and closed all other programs and still the same fucking noise evry now and then on the mix.

change your cables! and check your mixer is all earthed correctly

same problem here and i disconected my earthe etc still got hissy noise when play back mixes etc.

Back
Top Bottom