Sound levels on Logic pro mixer window! need help!

Highway-man

Pretty much all my levels hit way above 6db on each of my tracks. Is it true that all the levels should not rise out of the bars on the mixer window? It makes sense if they shouldnt as I cant read the level when it goes into the red which is +6db.

As i said pretty much all my tracks in my project are going above the red so if any one has any tips or knowledge on this please enlighten me.
many thanks

Last edited:
Mother%20of%20God.jpg

Come round for a mix mate.

Not sure if this will work but try using a limiter on all your tracks? Or at least try it on one and see? Or surely can you not lower the volume of each track until its not hitting the red and precisely get the volume of each track right so its all still sitting nice in the tune?

yea basicaly you want to mix it down, bring each individual track down until they are all at the level you want and the master is hitting around -3db

is that all mixing down consists of?! :S

Essentially yes, but it can be a long and annoying process cos you want to make sure every track is at the perfect level. ie ur kick and ur snare punching through the mix. the hats & rides need to sit underneath the kick and snare but still be heard. then ur bass needs to be mixed into the drums so that it sounds like its booming but then not overpowering, and lastly ur fx and textures need to be mixed low into the mixed however still loud enuff to be present in the tune.
Ive been workin on the mixdown for about 4 tunes for about 2 months and still not happy with it lol. the worst thing is that you can spend 4-5 hours at a time working on a tune and in this time your ears become used to the sound its hearing and so to you it sounds amazing. a week later you go back and listen and realise its all wrong lol

Essentially yes, but it can be a long and annoying process cos you want to make sure every track is at the perfect level. ie ur kick and ur snare punching through the mix. the hats & rides need to sit underneath the kick and snare but still be heard. then ur bass needs to be mixed into the drums so that it sounds like its booming but then not overpowering, and lastly ur fx and textures need to be mixed low into the mixed however still loud enuff to be present in the tune.
Ive been workin on the mixdown for about 4 tunes for about 2 months and still not happy with it lol. the worst thing is that you can spend 4-5 hours at a time working on a tune and in this time your ears become used to the sound its hearing and so to you it sounds amazing. a week later you go back and listen and realise its all wrong lol

freek... a man who knows ;)

Back
Top Bottom