Sound cards?

Shadowdemon

hey,

im looking to buy a sound card for my pc that has shittyon board sound but i have no clue about sound cards really.

i keep seeing all theese new cards with 5.1 surround and stuff but im old skool i have my pc hooked up to my an old 600watt technics seperates amplifer which is connected to 2 15inch jammos.

so a 5.1 surround sound card isnt what i need? i want a a sound card that plays criss trebble and criis bass with no distortion i dont want loads off little surround sound speakers i want to just run my jammos.

im thinkin gthat 2.1 surround is your normal stereo sound? but all the 2.1 cards just seem basic?

can anyone recomend me a good sound card

im old and i dont no too much about technology

thanks in advance :borat:

Mark of the Unicorn or MOTU products are the best. They usually are external from your computer case.

Try the Traveller or the 828 MKII i have heard great things about these.

I have a M-Audio Audigy 2.1 in my computer. Its decent, but it picks up a slight buzz from your computers power supply & the fans. As far as all the 5.1 & 7.1 goes, they are really only good for watching movies, and would certainly have the same problem as my M-Audio card. The external stuff is better for recording & sound production. I guess it really matters on what you intend to do with your computer.

intresting i was thinking the surround sound stuff is mainly for movies and games i want one purely for music and i jsut cant seem to get the sound i want with my current on board sound

I've got an e-mu 1212m which I haven't had any problems with yet, sounds good for the money in my opinion..

Back
Top Bottom