Sound cards?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Shadowdemon, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Shadowdemon

Shadowdemon New Member

hey,

im looking to buy a sound card for my pc that has shittyon board sound but i have no clue about sound cards really.

i keep seeing all theese new cards with 5.1 surround and stuff but im old skool i have my pc hooked up to my an old 600watt technics seperates amplifer which is connected to 2 15inch jammos.

so a 5.1 surround sound card isnt what i need? i want a a sound card that plays criss trebble and criis bass with no distortion i dont want loads off little surround sound speakers i want to just run my jammos.

im thinkin gthat 2.1 surround is your normal stereo sound? but all the 2.1 cards just seem basic?

can anyone recomend me a good sound card

im old and i dont no too much about technology

thanks in advance :borat:

2. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Mark of the Unicorn or MOTU products are the best. They usually are external from your computer case.

Try the Traveller or the 828 MKII i have heard great things about these.

I have a M-Audio Audigy 2.1 in my computer. Its decent, but it picks up a slight buzz from your computers power supply & the fans. As far as all the 5.1 & 7.1 goes, they are really only good for watching movies, and would certainly have the same problem as my M-Audio card. The external stuff is better for recording & sound production. I guess it really matters on what you intend to do with your computer.

3. Shadowdemon

Shadowdemon New Member

intresting i was thinking the surround sound stuff is mainly for movies and games i want one purely for music and i jsut cant seem to get the sound i want with my current on board sound

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

delta 1010lt. 10 ins and outs for very little money, im getting this myself soon as i can. then again im doing it ghetto style, make big noise, pay little money.

5. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

i recently picked up a tascam us122 external card
    not alot of flash but the sound is great, small and agreat value
    good luck

6. alpha Q

alpha Q New Member

I've got an e-mu 1212m which I haven't had any problems with yet, sounds good for the money in my opinion..