sound cards for recording on your pc. and programs for recording

illv

the winnipeg styler!
I personally like the Creative SoundBlaster Live or Audigy series, a friend of mine has the MAudio cards, those are pretty amazing aswell, but really when it comes to cards, pick one of those two.

Regards,
illv

dongbamage

(sic)Graffix VJ
Don't get an Audigy (piece of shit without true full duplex 24bit, but its gotta remote control [fucking whoop]) go get a Midiman Audiophile 2496 or something else from the Delta series.

But what do I know this is my 1st post :)

Last edited:

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Well if that isnt yer jive, then go with Maudio, canadian and they kick some serious ass. they have an audiophile card aswell

illv//

dongbamage said:
Don't get an Audigy (piece of shit without true full duplex 24bit, but its gotta remote control [fucking whoop]) go get a Midiman Audiophile 2496 or something else from the Delta series.

But what do I know this is my 1st post :)

dongbamage

(sic)Graffix VJ
Cube said:
imo audigy's are decent..
as long as you got an interface with it...
Audigy is a gaming and multimedia market card. For music, the card is pretty colored in sound to give the average home user the "better" sound.

The front bay/ port thing? if you're gonna make music then you're gonna be using a mixer right? so just plug that direct into the card (has phonos) don't need that crappy port now :)

and the audigy is locked to 48khz (doesn't support 96khz audiophile does)
Audiophile has an internal 36bit digital mixer, supports consumer or -10dbv, Bit-for-bit digital transfers.

heh! I'm not flaming audigy's there cool esp for gaming but the audiophile is better for music making. If u have a choice go for the audiophile.

:banana: :crazy:

rmt

so... say i want to do recordings with a laptop, when im out - and doing shows (im a sound technician for concerts aswell as dj) so what would teh best thing be to use with a laptop? something usb wise?

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Personally the Audigy ZS series looks to be pretty promising, but I mean if yer so anal about sound its not even funny and if you wanna spend money and spend it right go with Maudio apparently.

Regards,

illv//

Indi said:
The audigy comes with its own recording software, don't it? And its nae a bad card for the average joe