soulpride WIP

Labrat

VIP Junglist
this is something ive been playing with for a few days.
I need some help though, where should it go from here???
Is there too much bass?
how is it in general??

Its probably my finest bassline to date i must admit however the bass sounds fine on my speakers but on other speakers around the house they kinda mask the mix.

thanks for any feedback

http://soundcloud.com/figurative/work-in-progress

:rinsed:

Sounds pretty good, but the gate effect on the snares at the beginnign is not my style...seems like the beat is cut off too much. But that's just me, the bassline is great. Nice use of sound murderer sample...try mixing Sound Murderer with Billy Squiers the Stroke from the 80s and watch what happens...;)

This song gave me the feeling of being the last person left at a gig, the chilled chords, the reverb creating empty space at the end and the bird sounds.
Time to find an after party!
I liked it man.

really good work love this - maybe make the amen blend a tad better after the second drop - feels a bit thrown in there at the moment.....good work overall though!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... love the intro.
Mmmm... love the verb on that SD!!!

Don't like the vocal snippet, but I'm 'very' picky when it comes to Rasta vocs (I only like about 5% of them) so nevermind me :)

Jesus... that sub kicked in HUGE... I'd bring that down 2-4 DB at least. It's the 80hz note that's hitting too hard imo (the clean SINE one).

At 3:20... you introduce a couple SD hits that sound really nice, loud, and clear... I wish the rest of your PERC work was as loud and clear as that. It seems to me your main PERC could be more up front in the mix.

jammin though

thanks man, i knew the bass was too loud, i deffinatly need some monitors, im just using some logitec computer speakers.
I'm gonna return to this one soon.
thanks for the positive comments :)

def a tune in the makings here, great effort. i like the whole moody vibe of it.
a more original vox sample would lift this one up a bit more i reckon. i like it man

Back
Top Bottom