sos! can you help me make a mix cd for my car pls....

DJ Redfive

so having been out the game for a while i decided to make a mix cd, as apparently c-90's dont work anymore!

i got my decks set up to play through my active monitors and record through my line in on pc.

im recording using standard window sound recorder, only because i dont know any other way.

for the record i cant get the music to play through the pc speakers live, i only get sound when i playback whats been recorded. hope that makes sense?

anyway so when i try to burn the sound recorder file to wmp it doesnt seem to work.

an ideas?

what do you mean through your speakers live? do you mean the pc ones?

i suggest you download a program called audacity for your pc, then record it using that.
just click record, mix like you normally would (it has a waveform function so you can see it recording in real time) and then export as an mp3 later and preview it.

hope that helps

i have my active monitors plugged into the mixer - i also have a wire going from mixer to line in on pc. d/loading audacity now.

i have the cd playing through wmp and itunes - just not playing in my car.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

got the audacity to mp3 file thing going - will try on car speakers tomorrow - thanks to all

hi, how do i export as 320kbps please?

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

ignore last, found it

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

hmmm, exported it as 320kbps mp3, burned it to disc with itunes as an audio cd - it worked on my blu ray player in living room but not in my car. now trying burning to disc on itunes as an mp3 cd and see if that works?

try burning the cd with something other than itunes mate, sounds like ur burning software orrr!! the type of cdr u are using

ok, ill try WMP then nero, what bugs me though is that it works on the blurayplayer so maybe its just my car that wont play it?

but if i want my pals to be listening to it in their cars?

trying WMP first.......

wmp not worked, ive run out to the car in the rain 3 times already. trying nero now

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

ill change that to 'downloading' nero now(about 10 mins-kettle on i think), and then ill try the burn through nero!

ill be honest i dont hold out much hope, could it really be the player that determines whether or not it will play in my car???

for info im only burning like a minute and a half of music just for this test process. it plays in other places just not my car, i dont have a hifi to speak of. will it matter how small the file is for the car stereo to be able to notice it?

thinking back my car stereo has played other cds mates have done for me and also some ive made. in fact the dj did some discs for us for our wedding and they played in the car and still do!

they start off as mp3s exported at 320kbps from audacity. they are then being burned to disc as audio cd. should there be some kind of file conversion then? i mean like i said its playing in the blu ray but i guess the blu ray has mp3 capability.

hmmm conversion required? if so how? why cant things be easy anymore!!

positive post joey, youve given me hope, watch this space just installing nero

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

the only wav option i had was 'WAV (microsoft0 signed 16 bit PCM' - this ok?

Back
Top Bottom