sos! can you help me make a mix cd for my car pls....

nero is doing its thing as we speak

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

right, off to the car!

didnt work :( - had a look at the wedding cd(which ive just played in the car) and its a cd-r which says 52x on it - is this anything to do with it?

just to check, are you using the same cd as when you first tried?

if not that, try burning something else onto it to see if its a problem with the actual audio file, or whether its the cds/player

doing it now jwood - update shortly, oh and ive switched cd's too. but when ive used the same one ive deleted previous files each time

doing it now jwood - update shortly, oh and ive switched cd's too. but when ive used the same one ive deleted previous files each time

So ur using CDRWs?? cos if so this may be ur problem tbh which would explain why it will only play in some cd players.

i just burned a couple of nero audio samples in wav format to the disc. they dont play in my car either

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

im now switching to wmp and doing 2 cd's, one with MY file on it and another with 3-4 genuine artists that wmp allows me to burn

Do you have any of the 52x CD-Rs left?

no, but if all else fails i think i should buy some

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

all else has failed but in a way is a good thing as the genuine album songs im ripping they too dont work. my guess is the recording speed of these discs? 1-4x compared to 52x for the wedding cd

i built the computer im on now aided by a 30 page forum thread i started - this having never gone near computer parts. it was epic and all about the people.

right, one last thing it could be, ive gone into nero settings and it was burning at 40x, changed it to 4x to accomodate the lame ass discs and now we'll see

no joy - im going to the s/market about 2ish - ill buy some 52x badboys while im there, thanks for all suggestions so far, much appreciated

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

on google im seeing sites saying that, mostly, stereos will not accept cd-rw and that they only take cd-r. some newer stereos, unlike my car one which is coming up 10 years old, wont accept cd-rw.

Freek said this earlier so thank you Freek, i have big hope now, watch this space!

no joy - im going to the s/market about 2ish - ill buy some 52x badboys while im there, thanks for all suggestions so far, much appreciated

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

on google im seeing sites saying that, mostly, stereos will not accept cd-rw and that they only take cd-r. some newer stereos, unlike my car one which is coming up 10 years old, wont accept cd-rw.

Freek said this earlier so thank you Freek, i have big hope now, watch this space!

LOL! no worries dude

right, im off, hopefully home for 4ish with cd-r's, if all goes well i will pop a copy of my mix on the site, or will that be another thread me working out how to do that?!!

anyway i shouldnt jump the gun as im not there yet, catch you on the flip.....

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

A box of 25 verbatim 52x speed cd-r's in my hand

Back
Top Bottom