Sorting out bass?

Discussion in 'Production' started by yobi, Feb 16, 2008.

1. yobi

yobi Member

does any one put a 'small' setting reverb (after eqing) on low bass (not too much tho) or is this silly?

:confused:
    How would you lot 'max-up' your blines?

love

:gun:

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i keep my sub on loop in one instance of cooledit whilst i create the kick drums, for reference.

someone said hed have the sub go to a send with a hp and a reverb on it, which sounds kind of cool, other than that i wouldnt put reverb on the sub.

one idea to get the bass big is to have a copy of the sub playing an octave higher at a low volume to give it an harmonic if you will, this is all terribly theroetical at this time in the morning

3. I wouldn't recommend putting reverb on a sub frequency at all mate. It should be a plain sine wave. You can add dynamics to it in terms of compression or process it a bit to make it sound a particular way, but i'd keep it simple. Sub bass is something you feel more than you particularly hear - therefore you do not need reverb. Keep reverb for your drum hits and maybe a little on your syths and leads.

4. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

yea i used to reverb my sine's , its better not to as you say

5. generaldissaray

generaldissaray Member

i wouldnt add reverb to a subby bass sound as i think it makes it sound too muddy, one good way to max up your bass is by layering the waveforms within the synthesizers different oscillators, or by adding compression to it