Sorting out apple loops in logic

jack2290

Ok i'm a bit of a special case yes but need some assistance! Downloaded the Blokhe4d sample pack as it's been strongly recommended by many!! I've just dragged the folder from my finder into my apple loops. All i can see is various loops from the pack but it was advertised as coming with single drum hits etc too. Can't find them anywhere :S is there a better/normal way of importing the pack??

Try having the sample pack in a separate location, not in the apple loops folder. You'll find things will get confusing having the files mixed up with all the native loops. Set up a separate samples folder then navigate to it via the media tab. I tend not to bother with apple loops too much as I find the play in key/tempo function can have undesired effects. Well that's me anyway.

^ what he said. i have my samples on an external. have folders named accordingly eg Samples> Loopmasters> Dnb > Data > then whatever way they were arranged by loopmaster
from there i have a spectrum analyzer on the master. then press 'f' to locate your samples. when u audition samples the analyzer gives you an idea of where the main freqs are.

You can take the Apple Loops folder containing the pack and drag it directly into Logic's Apple Loops Browser panel. You will be prompted to choose either to copy the files or reference them. Choose reference and you're good to go.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom