Sort of my first gig tonight..

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
Playing at a friends party in about five hours.
It's my first time using CDJ's, but fuck it, it'll probably be all nangers and mash and chatting up the birds all night, init!

Got to burn a few CD's and I'll be on my way.

Anyone got any suggestions for some party tunes bring them on!

Probably - certainly, really - gonna be a lot of people who don't usually - or ever - listen to DnB at all but fuck them, I've got permission to blast out all drum and bass in your face all the time!!

Probably dropping some dubstep later in the night because people think dubstep is pretty cool and interesting around here.

Also dub reggae, bitches love dub reggae!

Always goes down pretty well at house parties.

Especially If theres gonna be drugs. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it my best shot.
I'm getting pretty tight on the 1210's, but sadly my ex has confiscated those..

Found out last night my dad somehow got hold of two CDJ's and a mixer from somewhere and he's donating them to my brother and me, which totally kicks ass!

Gonna practice and practice and practice and play gigs and get rich and famous, you'll see, just give me about two weeks time.

Shit, about everything that could have gone wrong went wrong tonight. Ended up having to play mixes off my shitty mp3 player and get blazed, it was all right. :teeth:

Looking forwards to having my own equipment that I know and stuff..

I guess it would have paid off to actually have - you know - touched CDJ's before in my life at all, but fuck it, it was all a pretty spontaneous set up.

All in all, I think it went pretty well! :teeth:

^^^ lol, Yeah man the it gets easier, you can teach yourself to mix on anything eventually, just need to remember the way how too and try not doing what you feel normal doing, ie being very delicate on anything that aint a technic or str8150

Forever alone.. ;_;

Obviously we have massive communication barriers in my family; my brother turned "This beat up old mixer from somewhere near the early nineties" into "A fat mixer and CDJ's and all that shit, fucking wicked man!!"

Back
Top Bottom