Sonny Revolts - 'Stealth' (Dubstep)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fazer, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Fazer

Fazer wat

Easy, thought I'd post this up here. I've had quite abit of time of from production so maybe abit rusty. This track still needs tweaking, Im not sure about the levels of it yet as I've only heard this through headphones. Any suggestions and constructive criticism always welcomed :)

http://soundcloud.com/sonnyrevolts/stealth

Cheers!

2. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Intro = Epic (y)

I'm not going to lie, I was expecting something completely different. The Gated Mid Range Lead Layer is not doing it for me at all.... it's cool, but... man was I expecting something different.

100% of the rest of your Filler Sounds are doing their job very well.

2:00 - 2:04 (fills like that are simply brilliant)... along with the rest of your Fillwork.

The Gated LeadLayer is letting the tune down imo. It's too samey samey and droney for this tune.
    PROD wise, everything is sitting well... the KD could be bigger I think, SD is perfect... hats are cutting through. Not sure about the Sub, it's not doing anything in my headphones, but I'm not surprised seeing as they don't pick anything up under 60 so...

Track is a jam, I love the Intro and BrkDwn. I wish you'd find something more interesting to be the Focal 'Mid Range' Layer though for the reasons I've listed. Outro works... should be twice as long though (you're rushing the DJ with the length you've got it at now).

:rock:

3. Nacon

Nacon Vidual

Alright i'm going to agree on the fillers, lovely stuff. Too bad the lead started to bore me in the middle of the track, even though.. definitely work on it , and finish it and this could be a pretty sweet track in my opinion