Songs you wouldnt expect to be mixed?

JoeCarlse

-ToxicExit09-
So the other night i went to my mates party, and he got a DJ in who i'd never heard of, wasnt to sure of him at first, but he ended up being pretty sick!

Like he started mixing songs that you wouldnt expect to be mixed, such as Gotye's - Somebody that i used to know & Swedish House Mafia's - Save the world tonight..

He also managed to fit Michael Jackson into the Set and Adele! its just something ive never heard before!

Whats the wierdest songs you've heard at a set?

I like to chuck Mr. Scruff - Pickled Spider in with dnb if im messing about, its 83 bpm so just needs to be sped up a bit

A lad I used to know when I was a student use to do quality mash up sets. He'd play everything from garage, dnb, dubstep, electro to cheesey 80s pop. But he used various mixing techniques from switch at drops, turntablism to long blends.

Always try to do this to be honest, although not so much playing out.

used to mix purely dnb but now pretty much everything.
i like to start a mix at a lowish tempo (chill dubstep or around 60-70 bpm) and then work my way up to the 174bpms, crossing through hip hop, glitch, that koan soundy stuff, garage, house, uptempo dubstep, future jungle, dnb, whilst chucking in anything on the way.
house of pain - jump around > koan sound - mr brown. (mr brown dropping when the chorus of jump around hits..goes off)
beatles - cant buy me love > delta heavy - take the stairs
mumford and sons - litle lion man > truth - fatman
westside connection - bow down > upbeats - oiled up

also a big fan of finding electronica that samples older songs, then mix the two together
Carolina, Carol Bela - Toquinho > Marky - LK
Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks > High Contrast - Days go By
Shake the Room - DJ Jazzy Jeff > Excision - Boom (although I'm sick of brostep now)

used to mix purely dnb but now pretty much everything.
i like to start a mix at a lowish tempo (chill dubstep or around 60-70 bpm) and then work my way up to the 174bpms
Innit, love doing the same thing.

Dnb's easily the most fun thing to mix if you're gonna stick to one genre but now and then I love starting off with some funk or hip-hop, chucking in a load of garage, breaks, UK bass, dancehall, 80s stuff, and whatever else along the way, and gradually building up to dnb.

I only ever do this pissing about at home though cos even though it sounds sick a lot of the time, when you start throwing random tunes/genres together, you get the occasional mix that sounds fuckin terrible.

Nextmen have got this kind of thing on lockdown, anyone seen them play before?

A mate of mine will literally mix anything with 140 stuff and techno. He mixed Craig David - Rewind (whatever its called) with Headhunter - Clone at cable once. I was like wuttt?

Camo & Krooked mixed We Are Your Friends Acapella & Bodyrock, Beat It Acapella & Afterlife and more like that :) They always come up with cool acapella mashups.

Back
Top Bottom