Songs you play that have been getting love from the crowd

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
I was talking with a friend the other day and found this conversation a fun endeavor undertaken. For those of you that play out, what songs have you been playing out that the crowd has been eating up?

I've been experimenting with Breakbeat Hardcore lately. My sets are divided between Breakbeat Hardcore and DnB. I rarely combine the two styles in a set, although I would if the crowd wasn't feeling one.

Here are some of the tunes that I've been playing that have got a lot of love:

As for DnB, from memory as it's been a month or two since I've played a Dnb set:

I once got a hug from a hotty for playing Be True. I had to maintain eye contact with my girlfriend all the way through to make sure I wasn't enjoying it, although secretly it was the best day of my life. 3 years later she dumped me, she said it wasn't my fault but I think that one hug slowly ate away at our solid, 8 year relationship. I don't blame Be True however, it's still a certified banger

I once got a hug from a hotty for playing Be True. I had to maintain eye contact with my girlfriend all the way through to make sure I wasn't enjoying it, although secretly it was the best day of my life. 3 years later she dumped me, she said it wasn't my fault but I think that one hug slowly ate away at our solid, 8 year relationship. I don't blame Be True however, it's still a certified banger

Commix?

Yeah, Commix will do that. Home wreckin' music!

Too bad is amazeballs, the remix is ace too though.

as for tunes that i personally played that tore up a dance..the obvious classics..Snapshot, Warhead, The One, The Beginning, Messiah, Phantom Force..but the ones I got the most out of were non-dnb tunes tbh

such as

on the hardcore territory

2.18 mins kills every dance

but 3.03 mins in murders it

and when the drums kick in and preferably the e..you wanna wrap yourself up in a blanket.

tbh, that tune has multiple jizz moments

1.10 mins and onwards..fuck off..

1.22 mins

2 minutes straight..for the headstrong..updated gabber remix

for the garage crew

more hardcore, obviously..

the Ruffer Remix does it with the chinstrokers

and basically all other versions and all other Acen tunes, that guy was is fucking talented but failed in dnb. Absolute hardcore don. Production house tunes in general (The House Crew)..

if you play these tunes in Germany they gonna tear your setup down

could post tons more that got huge reactions or which i saw go off..

Last edited:
I played my best DnB set yet, I feel like. over the weekend. there wasn't a big attendance but, the folks that did show were on their feet for my set.

tunes they really went for:

Mampi - The One
Taxman - Too Bad

they actually surprisingly went ALL IN for DJ Harmony - Let Me In (Remix) Moving Shadow one..

That one is a personal favorite of mine. I think it went over so big cause I placed it right in my set. I started my set 90's hardstep/jumpup, moved into late 90's/early '00's tech, and then mixed in Rock the Funky Beats into Matrix - Tearaway and by that time everyone was on their feet. From there I went into
Sully - Digitalis, so bringing some kind of atmospheric jungle flavors after hitting them pretty hard for a half hour or so. And then I played Ellis Dee - Ooh Boy>>Hornchurch Hardcore - Flashback which sounds like pretty relentless kind of hard hitting amen darkcore.. played that into

banger..

I let that one ride the full 4 mins and then I mixed in DJ Harmony - Let Me In (Remix) and people weren't really knowing fully what direction it was going. Cause Let Me In has those soft, warm piano chords and soulful vocals.. And once the intro completed the suspense was built just right and yep! dropped into some amen tearout business sounding massive on a big rig.

Man, I know you love the 90s cheese, so I post some absolute crowd pleasers, take em with a pinch of cayenne :teeth:

and the flip

going back to the broken beats

in comes the E

from start to finish

infinite reloads

Back
Top Bottom