Songs you can't mix

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
I hope everyone has these and it isn't just me being a complete mong, but some songs I find I fuck up every mix on for no apparent reason.

Case in point at the moment: June Miller feat Mindmapper - Quartz Controlled. Really fucking me off too because I love the tune

I hope everyone has these and it isn't just me being a complete mong, but some songs I find I fuck up every mix on for no apparent reason.

Case in point at the moment: June Miller feat Mindmapper - Quartz Controlled. Really fucking me off too because I love the tune

Really? It's got drums all the way through the intro. Should be a piece of piss to mix!

ok so i know where some of you might be going wrong.

with minimal intros... cue from the drop and get it beatmatched as spot on as possible. then cue it back to the start when you wanna start mixing it in.

some tracks may start with a very faint hi hat. turn up the trebble when cueing and you wil hear it better. you may have been cueing it from the place where the snare would be.

some intros sound a bit confusing and you nudge them to where you think they should fit making it off beat. dont trust your instincts , trust ur beat matching skills and let it roll. get to know ur tracks inside and out.

cant think of any examples but i have some tracks where the first beat/noise is the snare position or even the snare position before the first beat. they can be a twat to mix until you find this out.

Back
Top Bottom