Songs you can't mix

You absolutely Read Correct. I am Gone. Btw guys to answer you questions and assumptions in one answer I don't know everything. And im not mad so don't take random offense to my writing and how i write it haha! Much love guys i wish you all the best in your careers and futures, im not even being a smart ass, but this forum aint the place for me, when everything is just criticized rather then added to. Sorry didn't mean to further take this thread off topic.

Carry on peoplez :) and good luck in all your music ventures! Im not being a smart ass either. Im serious, I wish you all the best! Even if you hate me..

kinda struggling on double dropping emperor - radar with tunes.. I use the synth stabs to line up beats (the soft drums in the intro are too quiet to use..) and it sounds inch perfect but when both tunes drops the beats are fractions off. i think the issue is that the synths are slightly off beat. really frustrating because the two tunes go together so well once they're lined up.

any halp would be nice. i'm new to this!

Last edited:
@ Raptors den...... why do you always have to point out "i'm not being cocky..... BUT" ...... "I'm not being a smart ass" BUT the truth is .... you are ! thats why people like you don't get on in places like this & eventually get pied off! SEEEYYAAAAAAA

kinda struggling on double dropping emperor - radar with tunes.. I use the synth stabs to line up beats (the soft drums in the intro are too quiet to use..) and it sounds inch perfect but when both tunes drops the beats are fractions off. i think the issue is that the synths are slightly off beat. really frustrating because the two tunes go together so well once they're lined up.

any halp would be nice. i'm new to this!

There's something weird about that tune. I'll give it a go later and tell you what's off. I want to say the stab actually hits on the 2 and not the 1, but I'm not positive. That whole EP is pretty dj unfriendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sorry but I just don't believe you, phase meter was deffo used for that mix.

I mix in browse mode. I don't think you can even use the phase meter in browse mode. Counting bars is the easiest part of mixing and Four is a straightforward tune. I've never thought it was hard to mix.

Songs you can't mix? You can even mix the Titanic Soundtrack by Celine Dion for clubs! ^^
Raptor, is that you?

Philosoraptor2.jpg

afterglow is a bit of a bugger unless u blend it into a break or something. either that or have it pitched perfectly when u bring it in from the drums.

halogenix-take the lead. sounds awkward and out of place in the intro but does drop nicely
I've always had an issue with this, never understood why.

Also Ivy Lab - Live on your smile always throws me off cos the drums kick in 4 bars in and it has that double kick on the first beat of the bar, snares also quite quiet

Back
Top Bottom