songs to mix? (beginner)

KIDTAF

hey guys, i have finally decided to buy my own set of decks after playing around with my friends for a while and i was just wondering what are some good songs you guys recommend that would be easy to mix with each other well (beginner status really).

i tried searching these forums but couldn't really find anything so if you guys could throw us a few songs which you recommend that would be sweet.

so far i've been mixing SubFocus' Airplane and Flamenco together cause they both have the same base line pretty much, so i was just wondering if you guys had any other recommendations to start mixing with that would be sweet.

also a website with some mixing techniques would be cool too as i haven't taken any lessons as of it!

cheers

i could sit here and recomend tunes for you allday...but then youd sound like me:carlton:
and whats most important is not to copy someone elses playlist...but to descide on your own whats good and whats not. thats whats gonna teach you drum n bass...not A fuckin manual

Souljah - Fade To Black FTW

all you need to find on any track is the beginning of the first bar. whether thats starts with a hi-hat or other top end percussion, or a solid beat, its all you need. Very few tunes have no identifiable start to their beat structure, and I strongly recommend you buy anything that you like the sounds of and learn from there

i could sit here and recomend tunes for you allday...but then youd sound like me:carlton:
and whats most important is not to copy someone elses playlist...but to descide on your own whats good and whats not. thats whats gonna teach you drum n bass...not A fuckin manual

Souljah - Fade To Black FTW

That's unwarranted mate and you've got it ass-backwards. He just wants to know what tunes to start off with to learn to mix.

He's hardly going to be able to start double dropping first thing he does. Dnb is hard to mix, especially if you mix types from other parts of the spectrum.

He's not asking for Andy C's tracklist to copy him.

id reccomend krust - warhead tc remix because it has a long intro and easy drum beat and you can find it in every hmv in england.

I heard using 2 of the same tunes is good to get you started but it cant be that fun. I didnt.

At the end of the day its just practice practice and practice.

Everyones terrible when they start

That's unwarranted mate and you've got it ass-backwards. He just wants to know what tunes to start off with to learn to mix.

He's hardly going to be able to start double dropping first thing he does. Dnb is hard to mix, especially if you mix types from other parts of the spectrum.

He's not asking for Andy C's tracklist to copy him.

yea i dont know what i was going on about there with the playlist??
but i do think its important part of learning/being a dj. find out what tunes YOU think are good...if you want easy tunes to learn to mix with...try some old break records or hip hop....that shows the way:thumbsup:

cheers for the replies guys pretty helpful!

yeah i know what your tryin to say about making my own list and finding my own songs which is what i'm doing, but i just want a few songs to help me start out to improve my technique of beat-matching etc!!

also what are some good d&b songs you guys recommend cause i don't have the biggest collection

Its not Hype nor "Ready or not" but you're right.

I'd say practise on Aphrodite, all his modern fucking beats are the same.

What you talkin about you crack whore hype did a remix of zinc's one... faster and more ravin on the b side of the vinyl.

Oh wait you're probabaly a cd dj and wouldn't know :cool: :bruce:

The insults are unwarranted KIDDO.

So you cane Ready Or Not off a 2004 rerelease, yawn, and know TWO songs that go together? Can't mix Zinc with Shy Fx? Pity. Maybe you should try Traktor.

Kidtaf - if we give you a list of songs, you're going to go off and buy them but might not like them. Mesh gave you good advice. Take a listen to a dj mix you like and notice how the beats come together.

I think the best thing is to mix tunes by the same producer, and remixes by that person, eg try some bassline smith stuff. And mainly tunes that start off from the beat, eg i feel, for a new person it would be hard to mix stuff in that just has hi's then goes into a breakdown. Some dillinja stuff isn't really for beginners i think.

I remember someone used to practise in my house for mixing and used to mix in simon bassline smith/drumsound -original bad boy (vip remix i think), calibre-twister, ai-won't give up, clips-sound boy...can't remember what else.

But, simply, just avoid anything with a real jungle, complex beat, you want something with a smooth solid beat, not a choppy up one. Cos even people who have been at it years find some real complex dnb hard to mix

what you talking about i can't mix zinc with shy fx? I haven't even tried. Zinc's ready or not does go well with aphrodites no digity remix.

Overture by Mind Vortex and Bad Brains by June Miller have almost identical basslines and similar enough beats to go well together!

Back
Top Bottom