Sonar X1 - any use?

Robmobius

Hey guys,

Was thinking about having a close look at this, anyone use it at all, or knows what it's like?

Looks good so far, unfortunately, I can't afford a mac so Logic is out of the question - I thought it might be a good alternative.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Yeah man, there's quite a few nice FX line ups in there too, and that "pro channel" seems very good. But, I've been reading a few forums and there's a few people saying that it's got quite a few bad bugs. So I'm a bit reluctant to part with any cash if it's going to cause me problems.

really, what kinda bugs? you got a link to the posts? thats makin me a bit reluctant aswell now lol. do you reckon there just "new product" bugs that'll get ironed out by cakewalk with time, or shit that'll seriously affect the software and flaw my production?

I normally use FL, but I've been trying that X1 demo for about two weeks. A lot of bugs is an understatement. I've used some Sonar products before and I usually like it, but X1 has so many bugs I can't get past it. I was thinking about picking up the studio version for a while. I wish FL would add some damn channel freezing in.

Bugs I've ran into on X1:

Lose all ASIO sound
Lose all MIDI input (keep sound)
Open file window in VST pops up behind the VST, but you can't move either window to see it
Mouse on VSTs is invisible (you can still edit, if you dare)
Random freezes

Losing audio was fairly common, but the others didn't happen as much. I think when all these bugs are gone it should be great. I definitely like Sonar, but this version isn't quite ready. Also... MIDI note editing with the mouse is not so fun. I found I would delete then make a note once then copy it a lot instead of fixing what's there. I don't really need to do this too much, but I use it a lot to straighten up my drum patterns after playing them live.

Back
Top Bottom