Sonar (neuro)

Awesome ideas. Awesome track. Mix sucks. Get the drums much more in front. Do it by turning the bass down. Also, bring your stereo width in a bit on you high bass. You could also use a bit more variety. Try introducing sounds in gradually or here and there to make the song more interesting.
Your ideas are great and your sounds are awesome, they are just poorly executed. Don't take this personally it is something we all struggle with. Just keep making tracks!

yeah a few people have said that about drums and believe me.....am on it lol. im actually a bit out of ideas on it so gonna pt it on back burner coz ive been workin on other stuff with a focus on gettin the drums 'upfront' more.......cheers for input though......will defo take it on board

i agree, good track but drums need work. try with maximiser, EQing and transient master to add punch, adjust volume to put them in front. combine bass drumm and bass line with side-chaining to avoid freq. conflict. your track should sound much better already by then. just my two cents worth ..

Yeah i been workin on the drum thing in general....the other track here hopefully shows that....got a few things on the go just now but more to come soon

All your bass has waaay too much verb, its sat in the distance, bring more dry signal back (y)

yeah the ideas are pretty neat the general mix is just a bit off. at least nothing is actually popping my tweeters or anything i see happening in some peoples tunes
you're about where i was a few years ago with the mixdowns invest in some acoustical treatment and you'll do a lot better :)

and just to add the acoustical treatment won't instantly make you better especially if it's all done wrong i think you're kind of just at that point where you're overestimating your eq and reverbs due to room phasing you'll do your ears and mixes a big favour if you get that :D or maybe those audeze headphones but i treated my room pretty ghettolike for under 300 bucks which was more financially achievable then audeze headphones lol.

yeah the bass already had verb on it when I added some and kinda thought it was a bit much.....im gona look at that tune again soon....see whats what. ive changed the way I do things in terms of sidechain and parallel so hopefully should be a little better......and I jus got some REAL ghetto treatment panels......now alls a need is some sponges/cotton balls lol

my roommate had all this insulation sitting around so i nailed it to my walls and covered it with some cotton n silk and it's all sounding pretty neat now.

Back
Top Bottom