Something unusual - "Slipstream"

hey noxxus,

liked the intro, you set up a nice mood - good chords. Liked the bass as well (the bassed up voice - do you call it a vox??) but for me the track didn't really go anywhere. The basslines sounded like they were going to be building up to something hectic but then the beat just seemed to lack punch. The kick and the snare sound clear but the hi hats seem to get a bit lost making the whole thing feel quite slow. But from the sound of it you were going for something a bit more mellow - a smoking trip style tune so i guess thats maybe not so important. I'm a noob to production but to me the production sounded crisp except for the beat. Just being honest man. Feel free to slate my tune!

In abit

Luke

maybe drums need to b beefed up, and thiker reece..but progression,synths sound spot on..nice melody..

this is my kind of sound :)

wot program r u using??

fruityloops, v station and soundforge. New to producing, how would you adivse beefing up the drums????

Cheers for the feeback mate

Luke

Skure said:
maybe drums need to b beefed up, and thiker reece..but progression,synths sound spot on..nice melody..

this is my kind of sound :)

wot program r u using??

Reason 3, i know the overall sound is maybe a little "digital/computery" but i didnt care, this is the first tune I have written in reason, had to find out what the fuss was about. Hence, i used loads of synths and fewer samples just to get to grips with the abilities of the program.

my next release will be not be anywhere near the same sound, i hope.

Like the tune man. you need to pump your levels up some more, just keep pushing everything louder until its clips!!! if its at its loudest already then tweak some eqing and compression a bit. good ideas, fucking great breakage in there, that sounds pretty cool, everything just needs to be BIGGER GRRRRR!!! :gslayer:

nowwhichway said:
fruityloops, v station and soundforge. New to producing, how would you adivse beefing up the drums????

Cheers for the feeback mate

Luke

no worries - maybe layering another break in there and bit of compression, i dont use reason but, i do kno the scream is good for boostin ur drums.

and usually add touch of reverb aswel..

im only new to producing aswell but anyway hope this helps

Gate your drums and add a little prescence using reverb, i did it i my last tune but something went wrong with compression that meant that it lost some of that presence, maybe too much compression, so work on compression it gives you loads more headroom in the mix when you get it right. (yn)

Back
Top Bottom