Something that annoys me in DJ Promo's

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
The fact that it has no artwork for the cover. I know most people don't care, but it's pretty annoying because when your in the dark trying to find you vinyl in the box and all you see in front of you are white covers all with the same label it seems like the kind of thing that can fuck you up...

What do you guys do to counter this problem? That is, if you do anything actually :)

I think people write the names of the tune, artist and label on the white sleeve.
It helps if you put your tunes in order too.

yeah I think that the most common solution for this is just to write on your promo's or maybe work with stickers or something like that but then you still have to remember which stickers stands for wich promo..

i just write what the track is in black marker on the label

i cannot bring myself to writng on a whitelabel...

i don't buy promos unless i need the tune that badly, and considering i wait about 3 months from first hearing a tune till the promo release, wot is another 2 weeks to me?

patience is a virtue...

and that kinda is the point about promos...

they are promos!

why would expect the full artwork etc., or even let it annoy you??

i cannot bring myself to writng on a whitelabel...

i don't buy promos unless i need the tune that badly, and considering i wait about 3 months from first hearing a tune till the promo release, wot is another 2 weeks to me?

patience is a virtue...

This. Unless you play out regularly or are seriously trying to break out there is little point. You may as well wait for the full release as it has the full package and is often a little cheaper.

Yeah I used to buy promos all the time but now I just wait unless it's a big tune. Quality is generally better on full release I think as well.

Just write the name of the release on the top of the white sleeve, much easier when you flicking through your tunes.

The fact that it has no artwork for the cover. I know most people don't care, but it's pretty annoying because when your in the dark trying to find you vinyl in the box and all you see in front of you are white covers all with the same label it seems like the kind of thing that can fuck you up...

What do you guys do to counter this problem? That is, if you do anything actually :)

Ever thought of writting what the tunes are on the label????

i find it far better and easier to have white labels with the name of the track written on it.... in fact ill go as far as to say, id rather my whole collection be like that.

never ever write on the white lables, can't bring myself to do it. just write all the info on the sleeve, and always leave it facing a side out.

saying that, i've bought some dubstep lately, and i've written on the white labels for those. simply because i don't know the tunes that well.

although, first tune i did it on i wrote the wrong info on it :(

that'll teach me!

Back
Top Bottom