Something new! Need opinions (not sure what to classify this as, really. Jump up?)

Re: Something new! Need opinions (not sure what to classify this as, really. Jump up?

This track is quite unique, i like the sounds you used. Nice and glitchy. That bass is awesome. However, the bass in the intro seems to have a strange resonance to it that is not too pleasant. Also I feel like at the 02:35 mark, you lost the vibe you've worked so hard to create. That's all i have to say about the track (which btw is just my opinion) . You deffinetly have some great ideas man. Keep at it.

Re: Something new! Need opinions (not sure what to classify this as, really. Jump up?

quite the nice intro... bass stab needs to be less intense... mids are too strong right then. this is definitely not jump-up though. A bit too much with that acid synth at 1:50... it doesn't go well with the rest (you could, for example, remove the 3 tone synth and give that acid synth some sub to go with, it would sound better already). Great breaks and use of synths (except the one at 1:50), the track is a bit too repetetive with them though.
Can be made into a really great roller though! :) Sometimes less is more!

This track is quite unique, i like the sounds you used. Nice and glitchy. That bass is awesome. However, the bass in the intro seems to have a strange resonance to it that is not too pleasant. Also I feel like at the 02:35 mark, you lost the vibe you've worked so hard to create. That's all i have to say about the track (which btw is just my opinion) . You definetly have some great ideas man. Keep at it.

Thanks for the feedback!
I definitely agree with the bass at the beginning. I think I convinced myself that it sounded okay just to get it done, so it definitely needs some work. As far as losing the track at about 2:35 mark, it's kind of funny. I have posted this in a few places and depending on where, people either say drop the pre-2min stuff, or the post-2min stuff. I think I need to work on making the transition between the 2 much smoother, as there is obviously a bit of a jump there.

- - - Updated - - -

quite the nice intro... bass stab needs to be less intense... mids are too strong right then. this is definitely not jump-up though. A bit too much with that acid synth at 1:50... it doesn't go well with the rest (you could, for example, remove the 3 tone synth and give that acid synth some sub to go with, it would sound better already). Great breaks and use of synths (except the one at 1:50), the track is a bit too repetetive with them though.
Can be made into a really great roller though! :) Sometimes less is more!

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to work on all of those areas. The acid synth seems to be getting a lot of either love or hate, haha. I liked the sound of it, but didn't really know what to do to make it fit in better, but your points give me somewhere to start.

Back
Top Bottom