DnB Something in A Minor at 174 bpm

tbh it sounds very thin,especially drum break i have feeling you used drumaxx from fl.maybe u should change it with some more cleaner/fatter.synths are cool tho..

Actually I used Urban Cookbook, but regardless, I can see/hear your point. I think I'll go back to the June Miller or Blockhead packs, both for the drums and for the drum loop I put over it. I'm also going to re-check my EQ'ing etc. to make sure I'm not strangling it. Thanks for the feedback :)

Are you going for a minimalist approach with the drums? The drums exist but are in a weird place and almost non-existent.

I Like your style though kdk, you're pretty unique and original. If it's minimalist drums you're going for I don't think it's too bad a thing? (depends what's intended I guess). Love the energy/craziness you've got going. Think structure might need a bit of help or perhaps I didn't really get it, theres no obvious drop as such just where it gets a bit quieter ?

You really need to come up with better titles though :) I name this one 'cosmic randomness' !

Thanks a lot for the feedback on the drums everyone; I took off the EQ cuts and almost immediately noticed an improvement. Maybe I'm just too neurotic about putting EQ cuts on every last little thing; which is silly, considering I'm already ducking for both the kick and the snare. I might go back and replace the samples; either way, I'll post a new version up here soon.

Laiisen: I hear you about the structure; I think maybe I need to work on my drops in general. Also, I noticed you doing lots of reviews, but I don't see anything of yours up for review. Is there a tune you've got posted up recently that you'd like reviewed?

I just take ages to make a tune now kdk :) But hopefully something coming tonight or maybe over the weekend as I think I'm at the point where I need to borrow other peoples ears :)

p.s. about EQ'ing etc, don't get too lost in it, remember the golden rule is if it sounds good it probably is good ! (i.e. no need to EQ!).

Hopefully the drums are fixed; I replaced them entirely, and got rid of most all the EQ'ing.

https://soundcloud.com/kromodynamik/cosmic-randomness/s-EI7VE

As you can see, Lasiien, I took your advice on the title :)

Thanks to everyone who has feedback, and of course thanks to all who already critiqued. As always, I'll be sure to return the favor to anyone who comments. (BTW, if for some reason I've missed critique for someone commenting here, just PM me to remind me.)

Yeah, the remarks people have made about the drums are really the one thing that needs sorting out. They make the track kind of weird listening to. Everything else sounds good too me tho. :) Your basses are sounding really cool and I also like your higher synth sounds.

Edit: Din't see you had an updated clip! But yeah they are sounding better but I think that they you could still give them a bit more presence!

Back
Top Bottom