something i'm working on - your thoughts please

bit cheesy if in honest mate, the hat seems to be playin mainly in the right ear, really pissing me off, hope its not my headphones haha.
i like the melow bass but u could do much more with it!

here goes:

HiHat' panning was ok, didn't bother me..
Vocal scream was freaky.. not sure it fits well with the musical content?
'helicopter' whirring sound is cool- like it.
Pads are pretty sweet.
synths are good.

Levels in general seemed quite low..

Maybe post up when you've done some more of the arrangement and it'll be easier to crit.

you've both mentioned things i've been thinking myself. i'm gonna do complete rework, keep the bass and the other pad, maybe some of the the fx and sweeps but give it a more urgent beat and depth.

for real dude that scream is pretty creepy, pretty cool tho.

bpm is a little slow for my tastes tho.

everything else sounds good :gaywhite:

Ok, I will post as I listen... I tend to enjoy reviewing this way...

Love the intro, very eerie, and it blends very well when the main theme kicks in... I would not define this as cheesy by any stretch of imagination...

Love the repetitiviness of it all, it is repetitive BUT it does not feel repetitive, I guess that you are doing something there to keep things flowing at a minimal level... so it's good.

My only "maybe" would be the "lyrics", I would either space them out quite a lot so that they are not so intruding, and I would look for more defined "spaces" to exist (at the moment it seems like the "scream" is appearing at random without much thought...

Also, I guess this is only a WIP but it seems like it needs to "explode" any second... I would personally add an extremely glitchy implosion of beats, but that's me...

Other than this, keep on working on it --- > good job!

(p$ I just read the previous reviews, I don't like reading them until I have made up my own mind, and I agree with the screaming issue BUT not the panning: listening music in your headphones always gives extreme panning, when you port the song to proper speakers, the panning is not so obvious. SO in case of doubt, if you are listening/producing with headphones, it is better to go slightly overboard with the panning)

Last edited:
Ok, I will post as I listen... I tend to enjoy reviewing this way...

Love the intro, very eerie, and it blends very well when the main theme kicks in... I would not define this as cheesy by any stretch of imagination...

Love the repetitiviness of it all, it is repetitive BUT it does not feel repetitive, I guess that you are doing something there to keep things flowing at a minimal level... so it's good.

My only "maybe" would be the "lyrics", I would either space them out quite a lot so that they are not so intruding, and I would look for more defined "spaces" to exist (at the moment it seems like the "scream" is appearing at random without much thought...

Also, I guess this is only a WIP but it seems like it needs to "explode" any second... I would personally add an extremely glitchy implosion of beats, but that's me...

Other than this, keep on working on it --- > good job!

(p$ I just read the previous reviews, I don't like reading them until I have made up my own mind, and I agree with the screaming issue BUT not the panning: listening music in your headphones always gives extreme panning, when you port the song to proper speakers, the panning is not so obvious. SO in case of doubt, if you are listening/producing with headphones, it is better to go slightly overboard with the panning)

the most detailed feedback i've ever had, nice one.

i've had a couple of days off from this, but tomorrow i'm gonna get stuck into again. the drums are gonna be my main focus. originally i wanted a very minimal kick/snare loop, with a complimentary hat loop. what i came up with didn't work over all, so i'm going to completely rework the drums, just keeping the essence of that snrae which i quite like. a new loop will give this tune what it needs, then i can work out what do with the scream.

Good luck mate, and do not forget to keep on posting your progress... This is something that I personally NEVER do (because what I am producing will probably be to no one's taste but myself! :D), but it is definitely the way to go, since it is very easy to get stuck in one's preconceptions etc...

Stll id suggest that you keep a copy of your existing beat: I have made the error in the past of thinking that a particular beat was crap, re-made completely just to see how the whole character of the song was lost forever... even when you might really dislike the beat right now, you might end up going back to it to rescue its "essence"... or maybe not who knows! :D :D

Stll id suggest that you keep a copy of your existing beat: I have made the error in the past of thinking that a particular beat was crap, re-made completely just to see how the whole character of the song was lost forever... even when you might really dislike the beat right now, you might end up going back to it to rescue its "essence"... or maybe not who knows! :D :D

good advice*

Back
Top Bottom