something funny for you guys, my first ever dnb tune - WHAT DID YOU SAY? AL CAPONE

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by alcaponeuk, Oct 29, 2012.

1. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

heres the first ever drum and bass song i finished, way back in 2011 some time, although its terrible in terms of production (bass drowned to death in reverb, drums repititive and muddy, and overall messy mix) i am still greatly fond of it , because i think the drop and the bass just makes u wanna fly kick your own nan in the face, always thought the melody was hype as f*ck! let me know what you guys reckon cause i wasnt even on the forum when i made this hahaha,

2. jakebbq

jakebbq New Member

Re: something funny for you guys, my first ever dnb tune - WHAT DID YOU SAY? AL CAPON

I was sold at "...the drop and the bass just makes u wanna fly kick your own nan in the face".

3. Cor

Cor Member

Re: something funny for you guys, my first ever dnb tune - WHAT DID YOU SAY? AL CAPON

haha, nice and frantic, thanks for sharing =)

4. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

I'd fancy it if you raised the volume a bit on the beat just a tad to make it come out on to a bit more, for the rest. Dayum tight work mate!

5. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

hahaha dont take that to literal bbq! :p and cheers guys, yeh it could do with boostin abit for more craziness, wasnt expecting to get such cool comments on my oldest song haha, will always be one of my faves though! keep the feedback coming folks

6. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

bump :)

7. pattycake

pattycake Member

there's definitely a good song here but it's hidden under all the bad choices of timbre but that's just me. too high pitched and you can't turn it up loud because there is no balance.

8. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

cheers man, yeah i feel u haha i didnt have a clue what eq or how to mix or level or anything when i made this, i went back to it the other day and pretty much every sound is red lining and distorting haha

9. Nacon

Nacon Vidual

Wasn't that bad of an effort for the first time, i remember i couldn't control my DAW at all, so i basically felt like this:

[​IMG]

10. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

lmaoo ! thats exactly what i was like, id open up the mixer and be like o_O wtf, so id just put soundgoodizer on everything cause i presumed it would make my shit sound good :( haha