Something different from me :D

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

Hope you are all fine. Last Saturday I did this track quite different than from what I usually do. It's dark but also kind of harsh and I would like some opinions about it. It is the first time I used vocals and some dark neuro sounds as well. Do you think I shall lose the reverb on the second part of the lead??
Menosance - Walking In
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/walking-in/s-eWmuV

Now, I finally finalized Oil Factory added an extra reverbed hat here and there so tell me what you think
Menosance - Oil Factory
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/oil-factory/s-t4SbF

I am planning to release these 2 tracks (or just Oil Factory) with this track that it is fully finished and I would like you to see.
Menosance - Old Miltary
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/old-military/s-6Dqfr

Will take a look at critizing some other people's work that has posted today right after dinner.

Much Love,
Menosance :)

I'd tame those mid/high frequencies of the bass a bit, other than that, proper vibes, you drums could stand out a bit more though

I'd tame those mid/high frequencies of the bass a bit, other than that, proper vibes, you drums could stand out a bit more though

I do believe that the loss in the mid/highs frequencies that I am gonna do will give me more room for the kicks. Thanks mate :)

what you could try is automating the volume of the bass and such so they duck down when the kick and snare play instead of resorting to compression plugins.
Gives the same effect, yet removes all of the nasty side effects of overcompressing audio.

what you could try is automating the volume of the bass and such so they duck down when the kick and snare play instead of resorting to compression plugins.
Gives the same effect, yet removes all of the nasty side effects of overcompressing audio.

It was used to use that old trick. The thing is that the mid-high doesn't have any bass (400 hz HP applied on it) but the volume levels will be able to fix it. But do you think that it has a nice vibe??

listening on monitors. that bass is mean but it needs to be eqed quite a bit in the mids like stated above. too much grit which is overpowering the rest of the track (first track btw)

really sick tho otherwise, great work mate!

- - - Updated - - -

oooh old military is niiiiice. Really nice warmth, maybe bring down that lo passed pad down a tiiiny bit cause it's overpowering the other elements a bit. Otherwise proper tune

listening on monitors. that bass is mean but it needs to be eqed quite a bit in the mids like stated above. too much grit which is overpowering the rest of the track (first track btw)

really sick tho otherwise, great work mate!

- - - Updated - - -

oooh old military is niiiiice. Really nice warmth, maybe bring down that lo passed pad down a tiiiny bit cause it's overpowering the other elements a bit. Otherwise proper tune

Thanks my man. Yes, the volume levels or Walking In will be fixed. Finally someone told me something about Old Military! Thanks will fix it as soon as :)

So let me give you an update:

I have sent OIL FACTORY (it was quite enjoyed by some in this forum) to Dispatch hoping for a release. Do you think it is well worth the wait to wait for a reply from them or shall I send it to another smaller label? Do give me ideas. I was thinking Ingredients not sure though.

in the nicest way possible..... your aiming way too high! dispatch and ingredients are massive lables, they have a mass of established artists looking to release on them. i would send it to smaller ones first man. you need to build yourself up from the smaller lables, get noticed that way. to release on dispatch is like a life ambition for some people! no disrespect, and not saying that its impossible, but i would say send it to others, and dont be disheartened if you dont hear back, there inbox is probably overflowing with tunes!

in the nicest way possible..... your aiming way too high! dispatch and ingredients are massive lables, they have a mass of established artists looking to release on them. i would send it to smaller ones first man. you need to build yourself up from the smaller lables, get noticed that way. to release on dispatch is like a life ambition for some people! no disrespect, and not saying that its impossible, but i would say send it to others, and dont be disheartened if you dont hear back, there inbox is probably overflowing with tunes!

That is the main reason why I am thinking of smaller labels. Despite the fact that they are both only medium sized labels sort of slowls me down a bit. It is still worth a shot. What I fear about the small labels is that they do not treat the artist and his work like the big ones do. I already have releases planned on a small label called Dark Manoeuvres and sort of that is what has made me act to send it to a medium size label like those previously mentioned.

Well, I've sent Oil Factory to Dispatch, Grid and Authentic Music. They have seen it but it looks like they don't like it. Ehhh. . . :(

I am thinking of sending Walking In to Citrus Recordings but not sure if it is the right label. Any thoughts? :)

Well, I've sent Oil Factory to Dispatch, Grid and Authentic Music. They have seen it but it looks like they don't like it. Ehhh. . . :(

I am thinking of sending Walking In to Citrus Recordings but not sure if it is the right label. Any thoughts? :)

how do you send to dispatch? was it on dropbox on soundcloud?

ah right cool, how do you know hes heard it out of interest?
Well since Authentic and Grid have heard it and they didn't like it, then he won't like either even if he hasn't heard it yet. Something is still off. Gonna give Oil Factory / Old Military one last go with Proximity (if I find a way how to send tracks to them).

ah thats long. perservere, keep trying and youl get somehting soon. I havent worked out proximity yet either, let me know if you do!

Back
Top Bottom