Something about going Live..

Muta

Hologram
Alright, So I have read that a lot of people using Renoise, are using Ableton Live for thier live experiences, But what i dont undersand is, How the hell do you export your Renoise file as a life set into ableton?

Also, since I dont understand ableton, Why is ableton so much better for live experience?

And another question, what is it you are doing when you go live? Since you already made the tracks in the daw right? Whats there left to do live?
(Yeah, I suppose this quation is pretty nuubish, But I never had any live experiences, So i was just wondering)

fast tracker 2, its the grand daddy of renoise kind of thing. dos based tracker, very popular back in the day. mixing different channels in and out is pretty much all a live gig is about, underworld works like that for example. but then theres richie hawtin who plays really live, guy i used to work with had the same setup and explained it to me. but i dont remember.

plus you can "tweak" effects and parameters like filter cutoffs in real time. That's all there is to it.

Maybe you can do some live beatmunging or trigger one-shots as well if you have a good sampler but that's pretty much it i figure. Combining it with DJ'ing is what it's all about imo.

Alright, thanks guys! This clarifies alot :3

yeah, i was thinking about Dj-ing as well, but yeah, I dont have any DJ equipment, And I think I'd most likely be horrible at it =p
(It looks very hard to me.)

yea u wont be able to bang sum vinyls down on sum decks an beatmatch perfectly, definately takes practise, its a skill you learn, not about software. Im with Kama on this one

I know its a skill you have to learn, But I never have touched them decks before, and they also are pretty pricey to afford.. (I am poor lol) But I still want to go live :3 Pretty much got my answer, and most likely will just do my live performences in renoise now ive got a proper idea of it in my head :3

I've planned it all. I know guys. guys.

Listen to me. guys. Imma gonna, guys, Imma gonna go live

go live and

and im gonna MAKE A TUNE while people watch!

ITS GENIUS. Just loopmonging the same thing for 4 hours, changing the last bass note and adjusting the snare EQ.

well im guna put a few tunes on a playlist in windows media player, and yea play them. Think people will pay to see this? i hope so, im a really good DJ wen im playing tunes on my computer

EDIT
Actually fucking im guna set up my own night, and have a few kids who are good at DJ hero down, they can each have a go on the game, hopefully get the dance jumpin, shud be a big night. Anyone good at dj hero? i dont want people who can mix just dj hero please cos its better

I've planned it all. I know guys. guys.

Listen to me. guys. Imma gonna, guys, Imma gonna go live

go live and

and im gonna MAKE A TUNE while people watch!

ITS GENIUS. Just loopmonging the same thing for 4 hours, changing the last bass note and adjusting the snare EQ.

hahah, Fucken genius ;'D

Back
Top Bottom