someone give me a job

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by safety, Jul 29, 2008.

1. safety

safety double safety

i'm not just looking for a blow job. found out yesterday that my company is going under. bailiffs been in today and siezed stock and assets and i've probably got to the end of the week, maybe middle of next week before i'm out of a job. i tell you, being unemployed in london is not a good look. good news is that i'm smoking again so i have something to feel even worse about. and you know what i blame for my amazing run of bad luck over the last year?

not enough :cowbell:

2. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Aw shit man - when I saw that thing in the paper about that company going under I wondered if it was yours...

Shit man, that fucking blows - the same thing just happened to my mate (y'know the one who was at Tartan Films)...

You are entitled to redundancy though, but it's paid by the national insurance dss people, but they take off the amount of dole money that you would have received for the time until you get your next job, as they automatically assume you claim it. So sign on straight away so that you can get all the money that you are entitled to...

In the short term though, I don't know of any jobs going anywhere, only thing I can think of is I have a mate who has a company that put up marquees who is occasionally looking for extra people to help out. Back breaking work, but well paid - around 70-80 a day, but 15 an hour on top of anything over 12 hours (which it always is) meaning you're usually taking at least a ton a day home...

I did it for a while whilst I was between jobs, taxman doesn't need to know about it so lemme know if you're stuck yeah...

3. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

mate im literally in same sort of position as you
    no job, no where to live, big credit and loan debts :|
    you are not alone but ive given up on smokin weed for the moment
    clear head helps me think better but the shits done its damage so im left paranoid unsocialble slightly crazy and sad :end_of_wo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  4. Snowgirl

Snowgirl Member

I'm sorry, that's pretty shit...I'm not sure making a dating site is going to solve that problem! What do you do?

As for the smoking, good for you! I've decided I'm never going to give up so I never have to feel bad about failing to give up ever again, it's the way forward, honestly!

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

dude the deli sold me rotten potato salad this is an outrage

6. safety

safety double safety

good offer but i've done my share of back breaking work, i think i'd be better off signing on.

i work or worked for a company that do wedding gift lists and you're the first person to congratulate me on starting smoking again

it's good to know there's always some one worse off than me

7. YOUNG TUNA

YOUNG TUNA IT'S ME BITCHES

come to finland fafety, we got good jobs and rye bread

8. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

to focus on the solution and not the problem, i know a guy, works in blue light so, flexible working hours, sky high hourly pay, you get to meet alot of new people, work mainly nights... hm?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  9. safety

safety double safety

i'm thinking of developing a limp, i hear employers are all about employing disabled people at the moment. maybe something like what he got in usual suspects, maybe get a new name from the bottom of a dinner plate, dishwahser safe, something like that,

10. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

may i suggest becoming a man whore? sell your mangina to the she betches...innit? nah i know tuff times are upon us man...its like that everywhere...i have a degree and cant progress any further into the creative design world.

on a side note...u might have to shave your beard for an interview

11. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

which company is this man? my mum's just lost her job, she worked at *cough* northern rock.

12. safety

safety double safety

man i trained as a fashion designer but no one will hire you with out experience, so fuck 'em, i say.

i haven't been clean shave since my last important interview, two years ago and i swore never to shave for an interview again

13. Fes Rock

nah, nah...like creative design..not fashion design...althyought i spose they mesh together

dont shave bro...let'em have it...takes a real man to not shave imho. hey maybe theyll look at you and say, damn he has a beard..lets hire that hairy fucker

14. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Savage news - at least you can get a bit of redundancy money though. If it doesn't look likely (as is often the case when directors fuck off with the cash) then why not help yourself to some company assets?

If you got a small van or even an estate car then Id suggest couriering, aviation couriers at work earn a good wedge (must have clean crim record tho). Or perhaps offer your services to your company's rivals. Its a real disheartening feeling being made redundant but chin up geez youll bounce back

15. Snowgirl

Snowgirl Member

Yep, beards are hot, and anyway, that would be being beardist to not employ a bearded person

16. safety

safety double safety

another one for the fan club fes*

maybe i should devote my life to the bearded

17. Fes Rock

bro, move to boston ill put ya up...we can start a movement!!!

18. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

I feel for ya man

19. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

20. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i'll give you a job when i take over the world. you can be my first officer in Saftey* ;)