Some tips on making dnb leads?

Quotec

Sup?

Does anyone have tips on making good sounding dnb leads without Massive? I guess it can be done with Sytrus and Harmor but how exactly?

Basically they should be different synths?

It´s easier to show an example, let´s say I want to know how the leads in this track are made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-jGJgKqP00

They play on background 1:06-1:51.

For me they sound half-pad, half-synth.

I suppose these leads are typically made from square-saw waves?

Personally I don't like the workflow, but I do love the sound.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I would get to know Massive very well. Eventually everything will just "click." If you think about it, the workflow makes sense: OSC>Filt>Inserts>FX with the ability to make adjustments to the order via the Routing tab.

Once I finally was able to wrap my brain around Massive, I really began to understand synthesis as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I'm no synth program prodigy–but I know the basis for starting basic sounds (ex. plucks, percussions, supersaws, one key chords, etc.) and honestly I attribute a lot of that to forcing myself to learn Massive.

AHave a look at the stockpile of wavetables Massive contains and start tweaking parameters. Hell, even using the "random" function on different modules can yield great results to spark inspiration.

Just my .02. If you end up still not feeling Massive, I would check out Zebra, FM8 or Zeta.

Cheers.

Honestly, I would get to know Massive very well. Eventually everything will just "click." If you think about it, the workflow makes sense: OSC>Filt>Inserts>FX with the ability to make adjustments to the order via the Routing tab.

Once I finally was able to wrap my brain around Massive, I really began to understand synthesis as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I'm no synth program prodigy–but I know the basis for starting basic sounds (ex. plucks, percussions, supersaws, one key chords, etc.) and honestly I attribute a lot of that to forcing myself to learn Massive.

AHave a look at the stockpile of wavetables Massive contains and start tweaking parameters. Hell, even using the "random" function on different modules can yield great results to spark inspiration.

Just my .02. If you end up still not feeling Massive, I would check out Zebra, FM8 or Zeta.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tips. I do have and love Zeta 2. It's one of my favorite synths. Way easy too.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Cheers.

I agree 100% I only use massive for incidental fx and leads though. . . not basses. But yeah, understanding massive helped me understand all other synths after that. and random is amazing, I wish all synths had this!

But to answer your question. . . . . . Its a broad question, "how to make a lead". With infinite possibilities, It really just depends on what your trying to make. Maybe a few examples would help.

Back
Top Bottom