Some thing i found in FL studio lol

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
... after even 5 years of producing.. When eq'ing a kick for example, and i wanted to take away the very low ends completely, i was always struggling.

Now i found out you just have to take the first preset and move the '1' to the right so it takes away the low ends very clean.

I felt so dumb that i only discover that after 5 years of using fl studio lol :p

On the other side, it just proves again that producing is for me -and probably for 90% of the other producers- a progress in which you just keep learning things over and over all day long !!

You can also change the little squares under the band type (right hand side in Parametric EQ2 above the volumes) to make it steeper.

OdRmyfF.png

See on the right where all the spiky shapes are, coloured purple to yellow to blue? You can also change any of those to be a high cut, low cut, shelf, notch etc.

Sometimes I wish FL had an inbuilt parametric EQ with the line showing volume instead of just... 'bright'. Can't tell what is going on.

Yeah, i know that feel. I like to have Voxengo SPAN at the end of every mixer track's FX-Chain.

Just put one Span on the "Selected" channel, then you won't need one on every channel. Then just click on the channel you want to analyze.

Also, 5 years to learn that you can cut the low end out using an EQ? Maybe in 10 years you will learn how to sidehcain something!

I'm thinking prettyherb means he's never clicked and dragged the reference numbers to shape the EQ.

Back
Top Bottom