Some thing deep Tronix - Ear Exam

Well done m8 pretty different, would you class it as dubstep, garage or something else? Really like the vocal, nice n astronaughty fits well with the tune. Only thing is the synth sounds a bit fuzzy in a couple of places, maybe peaking somewhere, (or maybe my shit headphones so don't def take that as criticism!) But yeh nice work!

Oh yeh and btw how do u embed the soundcloud in ur post, im pretty dum with that sorta shiz

Last edited:
the intro bit where you first here the pads sidechaining with no kick, sounds a little off, maybe loosen the threshold of the compressor or something..

i think when the side stick came in it killed the mood a little, like the drums are fine, but they dont match the muffled, thick pads

possibly the kick could come through better, be a bit deeper

over all i guess its nice sounding, just maybe needs a rethink, seems a little odd to me, i do like it, i think it has potential but the elements not going together dont do it for me

i can see what you both saying when the main pad's are being filterd.... it kind of fuzz's out abit mabye ill might go back give some EQ.
Now the drums....deeper kick might ad some clarty but i really dont what to put a snare in this tracks ..mabye a clap dont know could just use a percussion or something.

neat tune mate, sounds like ur going for that burial kinda vibe to me?? which im guessing dexter aint heard before

yeah i know what hes trying to do lucid, and on re listen i might change what i said, different head space maybe..

i think the main pad could do with a bit of variation or something else happening or changing, maybe just some more layers added to it, slightly higher frequencies in there, guess im just saying what i would do it to it, but thats why i made my sig : p

its really thick. Maybe during the intro bit you might want to soften it with some sort of filter or eqing before the drums start properly? Could use a bit more percussion switch ups like a shuffle here and there too I think.
Overall its really, really good.

Back
Top Bottom