Some REASON questions

hoochsta

spor is god in music
Hey there,

I'm struggling to get a S.A working in reason. I know reason doesn't allow VST's so does that mean i wont be able to get one?

Also,

when you fellas are programming your drums into reason, do you chuck the kick in a seperate channel to the snare? and a different channel to your breaks etc..

Ketz

Thinkin outside the box..
hello mate yup Reason isn't VST compatible but u can rewire it with programs such as Cubase that are VST compatible...

As for your drums defo keep them separate - so separate channel for your kick (even within that if u have 2 kicks keep each in a separate channel as each will need to be processed / eq'd differently), snare, breaks, hihats all separate channels for each :D (if it gets too complicated you can always group your breaks etc later on once ur happy with them)

so i would recomend either NN-XT or NN-19 for ur one shots on drums (better than Redrum as more routing options, more control) ;)

Zeal

Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex
VIP Junglist
What Ketz said lol

Use the NN19 for ur drum hits, Eq> compress > anything else you want on it maybe touch of some reverb

hoochsta

spor is god in music
yeah cool. would love to see what freq theyre all hittin at though:(

cubase looks way to hardcore for me to start using, only been using reasom for about a month

Zeal

Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex
VIP Junglist
yeah cool. would love to see what freq theyre all hittin at though:(

cubase looks way to hardcore for me to start using, only been using reasom for about a month

It differs mate, have a look on this forum for a drum tutorial i done that will help you a lot ;)

Ketz

i know what freq i want them to hit at... i just want to see it on the SA :<

what u need is a standalone spectral analyser, i just got one, will get the name of it for ya (only installed it like 2 days ago so can't remember the name! lol) but i use it with Reason works for me ;)

Ben54

what u need is a standalone spectral analyser, i just got one, will get the name of it for ya (only installed it like 2 days ago so can't remember the name! lol) but i use it with Reason works for me ;)

this would be handy, been looking for 1 myself :)

Ketz

ok its Spectrum Analyzer pro 4.2-1 (PAS Products) its pretty old but its doin the job for me for the time being, most importantly its standalone so u don't need any vst hosts to use it ;) so perfect for Reason only users lol

edit: to get this to work on my laptop i had to disable my internal mic

Last edited:
Top Bottom