Some random git from Norf London, innit...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ragnarok, May 12, 2011.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Three-quarter wit

Hi all! :D

I'm an old hand at listening to drum and bass, but very much the noob at trying to produce it ("trying" being very much the operative word here). Anyways, I look forward to 'meeting' you all - well, most of you, I presume lol - and learning a bit more about how to make my sound sound less pants.

Actually, I've been a bit out of the DNB loop these last few years, as I've been mostly listening to psytrance ["traitor!"], but there you go, eh? Look forward to hearing some current stuff...

Gethin

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

welcome mate, production forum is your best bet for tips and stuff like that - i can't make head nor tail of any of it but they all seem to get it!

3. Ragnarok

Thanks fella! :D

I'll likely not make much sense of it either, tbh, as it's all Greek to me - maybe a little Sanskrit too - but it's good to know where to go to get thoroughly confused, so thanks very much for the tip! :D Right now I'm thinking read/learn about what I can, then in 3 years or so time - when it all starts to make sense to me - I can master the arcane art of retro DNB (as none of it will apply by then, methinks).

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

ps. Just listening to your Soundcloud mix now... Sounds very promising. A bit off-the-wall, and non-generic. Nice!

4. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

ello m8 - where about in north london u from?

5. Ragnarok

Ello mate! I'm sort of betwixt and between Stroud Green (Finsbury Park) and Crouch End. Equal parts posh twat and ghetto... ;-D