some questions

Discussion in 'Production' started by no_id, Sep 14, 2011.

1. no_id

no_id New Member

Hi
    Im not really producer, but Im interested to know :

- how to do distorted/cold bassline like in some old no u-turn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLV0OSGIiqU#t=4m02s , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFpjlWNcswQ&t=5m50s...)
    There is perhaps some effect or filter, but above there is a bass generator, which one it could be ?

- generally, how to arrive at something a bit similar to current spor production, noisia, ect (not original question at all :1:). Its massive use of compression (especially spor), use of break sample + generated kick in order to get more punch ?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. no_id

no_id New Member

(divided post, idk whats the url limit on the board)

- out of drum question : anyone know how to arrive at something similar than :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCupFXxRHyk&t=5m18s , I speak about the kick. Its probably a bassline, not really a kick, but how to arrive at a sort of "smooth distortion effect" ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3xedjkmgjI&t=4m20s , the f**k*ing great screeching abrasive line, It appear to be a mono song + some effect + a way to crush the song ... If someone have idea...

thx !

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Umm.....go left at the chocolate teapot then when u arrive at the catapillar flavoured bubblegum you have to stand on your head naked until the bullwhistle turns green. After that you should be well on your way to a vast knowledge of donkey milk!

4. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

its all about having sticks in your breaks.

BPM must be 145.

5. no_id

no_id New Member

mmhhhh... yeah ..... whatever

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  6. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

you dont get it?

youre coming in here asking an aquivalent question to "how to play football like rooney?" and expect serious answers?

lol !

7. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Haha, I think that's kinda what went through my head when I read the post but I couldn't find the words to express it!

8. no_id

no_id New Member

ok, but as ive said ive just a little background, not expecting to do the same things, just want to know if they was using peculiar bassline machine, ect, Ill not mutate into Nico tomorrow
    some quick tips or possibility, commin from your knowledge or speculative power
    So, ive generated today a somewhat interesting bassline just with getting some tb303 sound, stretching + effect... Anyway lack still many things. My intent is to try to use a bit the style of mastering/bass playing from these no-uturn track for making an hardtek/tribe/break track.

9. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

u need a heavily processed cowbell. thats what everyone uses. steinbergs cowbell vst (free with cubase 6) produces the best bass

10. Dom!Reavers!

Dom!Reavers! Member

MOAR COWBELL

11. no_id

no_id New Member

dont trick with the cowbell its the funkiest song eva :1: