Some opinions needed on my latest tracks

1nkrypt

EZ all, im looking for some opinions on my new tracks - most are still yet to be finished - some have updated versions which I will upload to my Soundcloud and repost in here soon - I think the tracks are sounding OK but im kinda stuck on putting the finishing touches to the mixdown and sprinkling FX etc - if anyone has any ideas please let me kno and I will see how they roll - BIG UPS all!

Tunes are up at

www.myspace.com/1nkryptdnb

well if anyone does check them out, im looking for some tips on what post-fx to put in to clear up my bass & drums and give them that crisper sound - it could be however because im using FL8 - im not sure - anyone?

Yeah I see what you mean about the muddiness. At one point it sounded like the bass was clipping or something. I'm not sure of what post-fx you can use, for me it starts when you're actually constructing the track and the eq boosts/cuts you use then, but there's plenty different paths up that mountain.
Some really good tracks there, so good luck getting them tidied up and that. Some really nice work me thought.

cheers man yea im just not getting a clear enough sound at the mo - ive been told Camelphat is good so ill be getting that, im curious to know what the pro's are using to get their tunes so clear tho

"Hunting Humans" - YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: That's a jam!

"Thats the Riff" - is also very cool... love the silly vocal samples : )

Overall... I'm not sure what you want to do to these tracks... imo, they sound decent enough... some sound limited while others don't, so yeah, maybe limit the ones that aren't already limited. As for judging the quality of the mixdowns: it's Myspace.. and these files are compressed so I can't really comment on that.

What I can comment on is the fact that no one plug in is going to magically make your mixdowns sound perfect. CamelPhat 3 is a badass plug in for Distortion, Brickwall Limiting, and simple Phaser effects. It's certainly not going to help "clean" up anything in the low end that you deem as 'muddy' sounding.

Firstly, a well done mixdown in my eyes is one that gels well enough and has an overall balanced sound. A couple simple rules I've come to live by are:

1. Make sure that all elements in the mix are audible and are at the volume/punch you desire. They've got to breath in the mix how you envision them doing so.

2. The mix has to be at a loudness of your taste. If you want something that SLAMS people in the face, then limit the bloody thing to death, if you want a mix that is 'full' of Dynamics, then make sure you limit accordingly.

Sorry to sound like I'm "teaching", lol... as I'm no expert, I've only been at this since '99... and am simply trying to share what little I know. If you'd like to discuss one of your tracks in particular and how it could be "bettered".. let us know so we can go over that in depth.

:keep jammin:

thanks man some good tips there for sure, its made me think a bit differently about how I achieve my final sound.

well its mainly Hunting Humans that im having trouble with, my Sub is loud but its not quite rib-shaking enough for me - and some of the perc seems to get a bit lost, it seems to be clipping a bit

Ill try limiting it to death to get the slam-in-the-face type thing i think :)

btw ive now got 320k versions up at;
http://soundcloud.com/1nkrypt

should be alot better quality - BIG UPS!

Back
Top Bottom