Some noob advice

StooeyC

Through the Loop
I know it's probably been asked a million times, so i'm sorry if i'm repeating previously made topics;

I've been into basic music technology for quite a while, never really found a programme i'm comfortable with and to be honest, i'm not so awesome on the technical side of things. I'm always getting ideas that i want to put into a DNB tune but i never have an easy way of laying it down.

I've used FL, Cubase and a little pro tools, but can any suggest the right thing for me?

Cheers, stooeyC

i was gonna recommend fruity, but youve used it already

you just need to keep at it mate, once you get to know a program youll find it gets easier

good luck on your journey mate

i went through the same thing when i started out, the best thing to do is to find a programme which suits you. i am a cubase user myself and personally i found it one of the easier sequencers to use.
another good point is that you can run cheap, good vst's on it such as zeta and albino.
you will get there, as with everything practise makes perfect

cubase is easy to sequence but ive never got into it enough, easy interface and what not but drum-wise ive never found it that good

ive always made some good sounding things with reason but never really used a sequencer in it, and i dont have my own copy of it

all comes down to money again i guess

As someone who has taken years worth of audio and sound education, there is no magic formula for this type of work. With audio, you need to familiarize yourself with a program of your choice, and stick with it in order to eventually make waves.
There is no magic program that will do it for you. If there were (and fruity loops is probably the closest thing to this) than everyone out there would be a producer.

It takes a lot of years to understand audio and how to maniupulate it. there is a craft to it, just like juggling or becoming a blacksmith. If you're devoted, than over time it will become more clear and you'll get better. If your intention is to just coast on through and get it done as quick as possible, well I think we all know thatthe outcome will show that.

Back
Top Bottom