some new funk

easy man.
not heard any of yr tunes for a while ( i been away from pc at nights)
impressed m8. really like this so far. drums are good n heavy - like the atmos pads in the back and the 2 basses work
big ups
:D

Every thing is fairly nice. Why don't you try and work on structure. That is were I believe you need to improve the most at this point.

Every thing is fairly nice. Why don't you try and work on structure. That is were I believe you need to improve the most at this point.

how do you mean? like, more variation in the space of 8 bars? some kind of fill?

- - - Updated - - -

also, might change the drums, not liking my chopped up amen all that much....too noisy.

I enjoyed the drums. I almost feel like there should be a higher-register lead over it or something. I listened to after the drop a few times; I really like the heavy bass you end up with; I do feel the part of the bass you kept over from the first part could have been a bit different, as now it plays part in call-and-response, and is not just the only bass. I am not sure what IV4 meant by structure, but I would agree that the hardest work ahead of you is turning those great ideas in the WIP into a full song with coherent parts...

Back
Top Bottom