Some new and some classics...

Smickus

VIP Junglist
http://soundcloud.com/smickus/smickus-june-mix

01 - Break - Slow Down
>>> Noisia and Phace - Program
02 - DJ Shadow - Def Surrounds Us (Rockwell Remix)
03 - Enei - One Chance
04 - Rockwell - Noir (Ulterior Motive Remix)
05 - Foreign Concept - Jaipur
06 - Enei ft. East Colours - Labyrinth
07 - Dylan and Ink - Need You
08 - Noisia - Stigma
09 - Phace - Strange Science
10 - Jubei - Gateway
11 - Fresh and Sigma - Cylon
12 - Noisia - Regurgitate
13 - Konflict - Messiah
14 - Rufige Kru - Terminator (S.P.Y. Remix)
15 - Lomax - Artisan VIP
16 - Keaton - The Invisible Man

Last edited:
looks wicked! will peep this!
whats the deal with Jubei - Gateway ? was that digi only?

Nice mate onnit now. Will feedback inabit.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Ez man just had a listen.

Slow Down >>> Program - Sounded great on the intros mate, maybe ease of the bass on slow down, little bit of drum clash as well just because of the irregular drums of slow down. Make sure you've only got one bassline coming through.

Slow Down >>> Def Surrounds Us (Rockwell Remix) – When you bought Def Surrounds Us in you pulled it out straight away and then back in a second later, should have just left it man would have sounded much better! Again ease of the bass in Slow Down.

Def Surrounds Us (Rockwell Remix) >>> One Chance – Nice mix

One Chance >>> Noir (Ulterior Motive Remix) – Noir came in out of time but you corrected it quickly.

Cylon >>> Regurgitate – bar the clashing this would have been a good mix man.
Messiah >>> Terminator remix, terminator came in nicely should have left it in for longer.

Terminator >>> Artisan VIP, nice, liked that.

Over all mate not bad, try and work on you beat matching and just make sure your tunes fully locked before you bring them in, most of the mixes that were slightly out were corrected pretty quick mate so fair play for that.
Also in terms of eqing as I said earlier try and avoid having the basses of both tunes coming through, you’ve got to eq one out enough so they sit nicely together.
Selection was great man, love most of the tunes in there.
What software you using to record? The bass did sound quite muffled at times man which is a similar problem I’m having. I’ll check your next one, keep em coming.

Cheers, really good review - very helpful. Pretty much agree with all of that.

I was using garageband to record, might get audacity again but found it crashed a lot. I had the gain on the recording up to 6.0 because last time it sounded too quiet at 0.0 and sounded okay when I tested it at 6.0... Live and learn! Thanks for the review

first two drops seemed very bassy as said, Id use Wavepad if your struggling for programmes man, iv used it for the past year with no problems and it was FREE!
Thought u could of brought Noir in a little later, giving you enough time to tighten up before bringing it in, the quality of the mix doesnt seem that good, sounds like dusty needles..
FUCKING BUZZED MY TITS OFF WHEN I HEARD 'NEED YOU' - BUM THIS TRACK - was a good mix, but shame Stigma sounded so muffled.
look forward to the next mix man

first two drops seemed very bassy as said, Id use Wavepad if your struggling for programmes man, iv used it for the past year with no problems and it was FREE!
Thought u could of brought Noir in a little later, giving you enough time to tighten up before bringing it in, the quality of the mix doesnt seem that good, sounds like dusty needles..
FUCKING BUZZED MY TITS OFF WHEN I HEARD 'NEED YOU' - BUM THIS TRACK - was a good mix, but shame Stigma sounded so muffled.
look forward to the next mix man

Wicked, cheers! Yeah gutted about the muffled bits... Will check out that software, thanks for the suggestion! Don't think the needles are dusty, but maybe....

nice one man will get on this soon, and about the recording front D/L Goldwave, without a doubt best free software (y)

Back
Top Bottom