DnB Some Liquid Drum and Bass

The beyers normally have good bass but they didn't pick up much. What frequency is your sub hitting at? I like the elements you've got going on.

The beyers normally have good bass but they didn't pick up much. What frequency is your sub hitting at? I like the elements you've got going on.

I realized now that im pretty low, down at 50hz. Listening with regular ,non studio monitors, this is hard to pick up. But when i compose i use "akg k 540" headset and it sounds very well with them.

Last edited:
Really nice track, clean drums, lovely melodies need some bass in there though, i'm listening on my monitors even if it is very low in the frequency band i still can't really hear much, other than that very nice

uhm sort of, i just recreated the b-line from that track. i couldnt get it to sound as warm as Break's though

i used NI Massive:
1) i used a spectrum analyser (SPAN) to see that Break's b-line was peaking at 80, 55 and 65hz
2) i opened Massive, loaded a sin wave and messed around with notes between C2 and E3 to find the 3 that played at those freqs (D#3, G#2, B2)
3) i put a LFO on the amp knob
4) i lowpassed it at 90hz
5) i ran it through 2 FX slots of Flux Bittersweet II (free VST) with the same settings for both: slow, -100%, mode: center, period: 120ms, output: +12)

the Bittersweet II plugins really gave it some power

anyway, like i said, it wasnt as warm as Break's, but he's better than i am :P (and may have used hardware)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom