Some jazzy biz....

Kdance

I haven't produced in probably a year and a half, i know the mixdown needs work and i need to add some efx here and there but i think it rolls along nicely so far :) I need a set of monitors so i'm sure my levels need tweaked to...

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Crap, just realized i posted this in the wrong section, will a MOd please move this?

Haha it's the same trumpet from Uman & No Money - Requiem.

Nice track :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit it is LOL!!!

The reece is what it is, i don't want it over powering.

What elements could i add? I know it's dry, that's why i posted it, to get opinions.

Na, i only spent half a day on this one, half a day isn't to long...

I guess i could move on though and come back to it.

Last edited:
Yeah funky beat to this, have you thought about a drum solo in this, allowing the drums to go a bit crazy before coming back to the main groov?

I think you could take this track in one of two directions as you have two very different melodic brass elements; first you have the sustained emotional sounding trumpet melody and then a more upbeat trumpet melody that has quite a fruity almost comical flavour to to it. I recon you should stick with one vibe or another. If you wish to create a serious emotional reflective piece then obviously stick with the first flavour but you could have a fun slightly gimmicky party track with upbeat elements, you could if you don't take this too seriously have some real fun with this track maybe adding some camp Austin Powers samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks&feature=related

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Last edited:
Hmm i don't wanna sound like an ass and i really like the bouncy drums and the reese, however my advice is to use less loops from the same sample pack.

Yeah funky beat to this, have you thought about a drum solo in this, allowing the drums to go a bit crazy before coming back to the main groov?

I think you could take this track in one of two directions as you have two very different melodic brass elements; first you have the sustained emotional sounding trumpet melody and then a more upbeat trumpet melody that has quite a fruity almost comical flavour to to it. I recon you should stick with one vibe or another. If you wish to create a serious emotional reflective piece then obviously stick with the first flavour but you could have a fun slightly gimmicky party track with upbeat elements, you could if you don't take this too seriously have some real fun with this track maybe adding some camp Austin Powers samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks&feature=related

Yeah, baby, yeah!

I hear ya, i never take music production so serious that i allow emotions to get involved. I'm just glad someone recognized that i wasn't posting a finished track and that i was wanting some opinions on where to go with it.

Hmm i don't wanna sound like an ass and i really like the bouncy drums and the reese, however my advice is to use less loops from the same sample pack.

You don't sound like an asshole and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

On a serious note though, there is only two loops from the same sample pack, the brass... Rest is sampled or made by me..

Basslines are definitely not my strong point, give me some drum kits or one shots and it's over but basslines, i need to work on. I admit that... I need to buy another set of monitors, i had to sell my yamahas, i bought a house and everything i had sold everything accept my Axiom 49 Key.. All i have right now to monitor is my Logitech system, it does ok but nowhere near what i need..

Here is what my studio consisted of last year.. Don't really miss any of it accept my Monitors... The hardware was becoming paper weights as i started using software for just about everything...

l_8c97db136da20e42fdf8b6aba7faeef9.jpg

l_8b029c9b5bb024c569311f011bc9c37f.jpg

l_301e033337611bc2908fa5ce71cbabee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom