Some home-grown vibes

See Me Soon

gc.png Ready for the next round?
Once again, a drop of flavor.

The break is pretty nice, oldskool vibes, nice variations and things

Kick is a smidge loud on my system.

Track needs more variation and to develop more though, rather than just stacking up loops. Think about the bigger picture-build, drop, breakdown, verse, chorus, whatever, just different sections

Also consider adding more harmonic/melodic content- it's not all about breaks and basses, you need some notes things to a) fill the frequency spectrum and b) add some kind of mood/vibes- dark, soulful, chilled, funny whatever

The break is pretty nice, oldskool vibes, nice variations and things

Kick is a smidge loud on my system.

Track needs more variation and to develop more though, rather than just stacking up loops. Think about the bigger picture-build, drop, breakdown, verse, chorus, whatever, just different sections

Also consider adding more harmonic/melodic content- it's not all about breaks and basses, you need some notes things to a) fill the frequency spectrum and b) add some kind of mood/vibes- dark, soulful, chilled, funny whatever

Thanks,

I played some guitar and chopped it up. As for the breaks, a drumloop I created in midi, chopped it up too and good old 'funky drummer' on the background.

I try to mix with a flat eq. Maybe your low eq is up?

But it is a good way into the right direction.
I don't like the newest dnb wave. A lot of noise, if you ask me.

My low end isn't up, no. The kick's not a huge problem, it just sticks out a little too much. It's easy to not notice these things when you're just starting out, also everyone's system is different so it could be my headphones are a little too heavy on the bass (don't think so though, on other tracks they're usually too quiet) or yours are a little quiet on the bass.

You don't have to be new dnb to have harmonies/ melodic content though- jungle tunes will have a little bit, normally in the form of samples. You have a guitar, which is a good start, but I think maybe a little something else, just once or twice every 8/16 bars will add more interest and structure

your are right, totally forgot,
I put my monitor to half low (vxt6) with the switch on the backside.
They are pretty much wasted. . .

but I will redo the track.
put some more spice in it.

again, thanks for the feedback

My low end isn't up, no. The kick's not a huge problem, it just sticks out a little too much. It's easy to not notice these things when you're just starting out, also everyone's system is different so it could be my headphones are a little too heavy on the bass (don't think so though, on other tracks they're usually too quiet) or yours are a little quiet on the bass.

You don't have to be new dnb to have harmonies/ melodic content though- jungle tunes will have a little bit, normally in the form of samples. You have a guitar, which is a good start, but I think maybe a little something else, just once or twice every 8/16 bars will add more interest and structure

again on the kick issue:
would you be so nice and check this kick out for me

this kick is recorded along side the rest of the durmsounds.
I did some 'new-york compression' on that one.

is it to loud also?

I agree, sounds nice but it's like it misses something, maybe some samples used creatively or some pads :D

nuno-morris-gitaarhaak.pngto be honest, all I did was chopped up some guitarplay and put a drumloop to it,
one I had from creation an other track.

Of course it could use some keyboard sounds or organ, for the soul
a brass or two, for the tension
and a smooth, not to heavy bassline, for the groove.

if you check my soundcloud, you will find the before stages.
one before chopping and one tempo'd up.

I'm not the best person to consult on mix tbh, I have got it wrong many times in the past.

Another comment is you seem to be creating tracks really really quickly- it's unusal to make them so fast. Maybe you should spend more time on each track individually, and make each track more complicated- more complex sound design, more change ups more fills/edits, more layers of percussion, more processing etc. Simplicity is good but it feels like you've cut corners. try making a copy of a track you like (as an exercise) and you'll see how much work you can put into it...

there are tracks I worked on for months, some minutes.

If I get creative, I am in the zone, but then I drink a beer and ... somehow get lost along the way :confused:

this one I did in like ten minutes, and I really like it.
I wanted to create something symphonic:

but I just drop experiments on soundcloud.
I miss some skills in recording, but I will get there...

I'm not the best person to consult on mix tbh, I have got it wrong many times in the past.

Another comment is you seem to be creating tracks really really quickly- it's unusal to make them so fast. Maybe you should spend more time on each track individually, and make each track more complicated- more complex sound design, more change ups more fills/edits, more layers of percussion, more processing etc. Simplicity is good but it feels like you've cut corners. try making a copy of a track you like (as an exercise) and you'll see how much work you can put into it...

"...try making a copy of a track you like (as an exercise) and you'll see how much work you can put into it..."
don't really know what you mean by that, but looks like a great tip/exercise.
please come again, teach me! :2thumbs:

this track has a shitty drumtrack, but I wasn't aiming for that in that situation. Also did not care for a decent pad, but what do you think about that bassline and overall groove?

I think is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom